Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my RR new when they came out in '03. Now she's pushing 12k on the odometer and still running perfectly. I hate to get rid of it, but I am considering getting a liter bike. I just feel like you really have to wind the 600's up to get them to make power, and I like the mid range grunt you get on liter bikes. So the question is... if you were gonna get an 07 liter bike, which one would it be (and why)?
Seems to me that each brand has a few toys on their bike that the others do not. Yamaha has their fly-by-wire throttle and a new engine. The Gixxer has that new "mode" button, and the world's ugliest exhaust (IMO). Then there is always the Kawi and the Honda. Some have dampers, some have slipper clutches... I don't know what to do. What do you guys think? :tard:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
id probably drop for a yamaha or gix if you were getting something besides a honda. those 2 are highly favored on the track, so there must be something there

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
They are all great bikes just like with the 600's. You can't really go wrong with any of them. You just have to find out which bike suites your riding style the best and appeals to you and go for that. I almost wish I went for a liter bike too but since this is my first street bike I thought it would be best to go for the 600. The magazines really seem to be pushin the new GSX-R. I would look at all of them though and read up on the various forums.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
If i were buying a liter bike now it would be an R1 I just really like the way they look and sitting on an R1 it just feels comfortable and fits me. I really want last years Yellow/Black 50th Annv. R1... I think that was the best looking color scheme.

Magazines have been pushing the GSX-R for a few years now, they improve every year and are just plain sick.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i love the R1s but the different map settings on the new gixxers seems like a really cool idea, if it works well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
all the stealers around here have the 10R's at a deeep discount. I love the dual exhaust on the Gixx, but the R1 steals the show IMO

·
Registered
500 Posts
id have to agree with the other replies.

the 07 R1 and GSX-R1000 are definately the 1000s to get for this year.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
i really like the 07 GSXR 1000 esp in black/orange. the S-DMS is a great addition, bike looks really sharp altho i'm not digging the oversized dual-exhaust and 50lb weight increase. i would wait on the 2008 1000RR if you want to stay with honda liter bike, but otherwise 07 600RR is perfect choice for 600s!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Get yourself a Honda 1kRR. Unless you are racing you wont care about the slightly less horsepower. But you get Honda build quality and you wouldnt be labeled a traitor! (jk)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
i wouldn't mind a 1098! I'd actually take that over the R1.
Slyder, even with the problems that the R1 has, I'd prefer it over the Duc... One, I could buy two R1's for the price of one Duc, and the long-term costs would be much higher on the Duc than the Yammie...

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Slyder, even with the problems that the R1 has, I'd prefer it over the Duc... One, I could buy two R1's for the price of one Duc, and the long-term costs would be much higher on the Duc than the Yammie...
O I know, i'm not basing my choice off of history of problems or knowing problems it might have. i'm basing it off of just plains looks. they are both powerful, but i really like the way the 1098 looks, however i'd only buy one if i had money to burn, now if i was actually in the market for a 1k then it would be an R1.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts