Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never thought this would happen, but living in new England has ruined owning a sportbike for me. I absolutely adore my blade, but every time I ride it's either on the highway, or in gridlock. The only way to ride good roads around here are to go about an hour and a half+ away, which kills my back. I'm thinking about trading the blade in on the fz07, but in torn. Not sure how I'd like not having a super sport anymore (other than the track bike), and I'm so in love with my bike.

Note: getting rid of the blade to get an older sport bike and standard bike isn't an option. I'm limited by height and I only buy new sportbikes because I don't trust people to take care of their bikes

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Words hurt people

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Tough decition... But if it is killing your back then I would say go for it...

The new YAmmis are very nice looking gals and the seem to be working good.

Your Blade is a beauty...

I also have a "long" drive to the fun roads, but I'm still willing to make them... No back problems (yet). I know the feeling...

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just need to go buy one of each type of bike hehe

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Why not a CB1000R ??

You have a handle-bar, still a Honda and great looking... Everybody has good words for this bike too... And it doesn't have a very high seat.

I would go for a CB1300S ... But that's just me...

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why not a CB1000R ??

You have a handle-bar, still a Honda and great looking... Everybody has good words for this bike too... And it doesn't have a very high seat.

I would go for a CB1300S ... But that's just me...
I'm too short for them. I'm 5' tall, I one foot the blade most of the time

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Have you tried the Kawi Z1000SX ??

There are some bikes that are between sport bikes and road bikes... Naked bikes, or those Naked bikes that had a fairing put on them (like the Z1000SX is for the Z1000)... I would say go to each brand dealer and try the seat height for these kind of bikes...

The new Suzuki GSX S1000, Or the new Ducs Hyperstrada, The Kawi Z1000SX, even the latest CBR650F (looks confi, low and looks sporty)...

Components don't look very well (forks, brakes, etc...) but knowing how Honda makes its bikes, I'm sure this one is very balanced...

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you tried the Kawi Z1000SX ??

There are some bikes that are between sport bikes and road bikes... Naked bikes, or those Naked bikes that had a fairing put on them (like the Z1000SX is for the Z1000)... I would say go to each brand dealer and try the seat height for these kind of bikes...

The new Suzuki GSX S1000, Or the new Ducs Hyperstrada, The Kawi Z1000SX, even the latest CBR650F (looks confi, low and looks sporty)...

Components don't look very well (forks, brakes, etc...) but knowing how Honda makes its bikes, I'm sure this one is very balanced...
I don't think I could ever do a kawi. The gsxs750 was on the list, but went to the dealer and it's still too big. It's based on an gold gsxr750. The fz07 fits like a glove, and I think would be great most of the time. I just wonder if I'll be ringing it's neck every where I go

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have considered a street triple. It's just a hair too high but maybe I could drop the forks a bit

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Too short for those too

·
Registered
903 Posts
Yeah the Duc Streetfighter is a tall one. Right idea though. I think there are a lot of bikes that are pretty much sportbikes for all intents on the roads. People like to call them standards but some are anything but. Maybe naked sports or sport nakeds? I know someone's going to take that somewhere kinky but I'm going there. The Street Triple is a top pick. Def look into lowering link out back and dropping forks out front to get it correct but better for your height. Other alternates maybe to consider:

Ducati Monster 796. Slightly down on HP compared to the 600RR but much better torque. Might be able to find one still hanging around in a dealer.

Ducati Hypermotard 821. More power than the 600RR all around. Pretty low, very capable. Have ridden with a guy on one who's a better rider than me. Smoked me in the twisties easily on that thing.

The FZ07's cool but you will absolutely want to figure in sorting out the suspension on it right away. Total crap suspension even by OEM crap suspension standards. Hear the bike transforms when doing that.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah the Duc Streetfighter is a tall one. Right idea though. I think there are a lot of bikes that are pretty much sportbikes for all intents on the roads. People like to call them standards but some are anything but. Maybe naked sports or sport nakeds? I know someone's going to take that somewhere kinky but I'm going there. The Street Triple is a top pick. Def look into lowering link out back and dropping forks out front to get it correct but better for your height. Other alternates maybe to consider:

Ducati Monster 796. Slightly down on HP compared to the 600RR but much better torque. Might be able to find one still hanging around in a dealer.

Ducati Hypermotard 821. More power than the 600RR all around. Pretty low, very capable. Have ridden with a guy on one who's a better rider than me. Smoked me in the twisties easily on that thing.

The FZ07's cool but you will absolutely want to figure in sorting out the suspension on it right away. Total crap suspension even by OEM crap suspension standards. Hear the bike transforms when doing that.
Lots of good suggestions. I've been thinking about the triple. The monster seems too girly for me. Stock suspension on the fz is super soft but that's perfect for me since I'm a midget

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Saw my first FZ-07 in person at the D store in Costa Mesa. Really good looking bike in the flesh. Since my first bike was an SV650 I have an appreciation of middle weight sport standards.

KTM is also bringing their 390 Duke here...

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
She's beautiful

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I'm not digging the look of the FZ07, but if it works for you (your height and riding) then go for it.

With 74hp and 50lb/ft torque, you should be ok with city riding.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Note that most of BMW's bike do have two options for a seat... the normal and a low one...

For example:

The problem???

Price...

But they do look very good, and now they dropped the tele-lever and put regular forks on it... Good brake power too... But again, the problem is affording it...

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah of I have to give up the liter bike I'd like to put money in my pocket. I know I have a lot of restrictions/demands

1 - 20 of 42 Posts