Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone im new to this site due to the fact i will be getting my first 600RR on tuesday. i would be getting it on monday but around here in San Antonio all dealers are closed. the thing that im wondering is what do yall think about the orange bike VS the black one? My fav color is the orange but the more i think about it the orange might be to flashy and get old really quick. The black looks extremely clean and with the little hint of red it makes it look sweet. im having a hard time deciding.. any help?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Go with the orange.. I doubt the orange will ever get old, you rarely see them around so they stand out in a good way. My bike is black and it gets dirty as hell.. If orange was my favorite color, I would definitely go that route.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had to make the same decision. Orange is my fav color too. If they didn't put the tribals on the orange, I would own an orange rr instead of a black one.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I purchased the silver 919 thinking the uranium green would get old after a few months. In hindsight I wish I had purchased a green one it would have really stuck out.

Peace

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Go with the orange. On the street and on the track, the orange RR definitely stands out, and it looks sweet.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Sounds as if you're already leaning towards the black one but if you've never owned anything black, let me warn you, black shows every scratch and swirl mark in the paint and I think it tends to multiply them also. Good Luck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
well, imo, orange is definitely more "unique" and you will stand out a little more (if that's what you're going for), but you can't go wrong with black...it's badass--always has been and always will be. Orange, on the other hand....ok, yea, it's cool this year, and probably for a couple of more years for sure...but after that, who knows?

But as everyone else w/ black bikes has stated, black will show every little scratch, and is a pain to keep clean...constantly wiping dust off. But, I personally would never trade my black in for another color.

·
Registered
504 Posts
custom paint it orange AND black...then you'll have the best of both worlds.

seriously though, i'd go with black. I'm not into standing out on my bike as i already get enough attention from the pig tails simply because i'm on a "crotch rocket". I think orange would draw unwanted attention along with the wanted attention (ie - high school chiKs!!!11!!!!!11111!1!!).

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
all of yalls opinions help alot. i think im ganna go with the black one because of the looks that u can alter to make it look friggin saweet. i was thinking of some time down the road getting gold looking rims or chrome, or maybe just the aluminum look. i dont realy think that doing any mods to an orange one will help it. and im sure yall are just like me and like to customize your bike so its pretty important to me. we shall see tomorrow morning if i realy do get the black one. i wish that these dealerships were open on monday!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
man go with black the orange is nice but the black has more horse power stock

·
Registered
787 Posts
heres my orange machine, the tank cover is being repainted right now to get rid of the decals.....black powdercoat swingarm and passenger pegs are on the way, anodized black aftermarket rearsets are also on the way....i also want to paint that clear hotbodies flushmount to clear amber/orange

one of these days i will powdercoat my wheels orange to match the paint

like this

(i guess thats what my bike will look like soon but without all the decals and orange wheels)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well its compeltely dependant on your style.. With the black you get to be the stealth ninja rider.... which I really like.. sleek slick and nasty..
Orange is definetly blingin' probably will turn a few more heads.. more oppinionated high pro's and strong cons.. They're both cool.. But im more of a black type of veichle fan!
Shade-

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
zoom1523 said:
am i suppose to believe that?
It is a well know fact my friend

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts