Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry this is probably not the place for this but i need some quick responses.

2006 600RR with 9,000 miles, Yoshi pipe, fresh spring service, slight bogging down when at 200+ degrees taking off from a stop(still have not figured that out), no scratches, chain getting near end of life, new front tire, rear getting close to replacement, minor fading from sitting outside a lot.

I bought this almost 3 years ago for $5400 when it had 1900 miles on it, completely stock. The guy I bought it from offered me $4200 for it back and wants it today. This sounded great to me, I owe a little less than 2 grand on it, and I found out yesterday my wife is pregnant so the cash would be a nice start to covering her maternity leave. I checked some craigslist prices this morning and i'm worried i'm selling too cheap even though its getting old. I realize location and current market has a lot to do with the price but what are your thoughts on this? Any advice is much appreciated.

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you are concerned about selling it too cheap then hold off till the right person comes along. Around here 06s go for about $5k with similar miles.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is a good point, fresh ISU students looking for a bike....I should probably tell him i'm going to put it up on craigslist and see what happens. Thanks for the responses so far.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Tell him if he wants it back he gotta give you what you want for it. IMO you'd b lettin it go for too cheap! Yes you got a steal when you bought it but its still worth that today! Put it CL for $6000 someone will bite might not get $6 but closer then what the PO will give.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
yea when i was looking there were a few in bloomington and normal but they never lasted long enough for me to go look at em. Looked at one up there and it was the blue n silver that basically had to be all redone due to college kid crash and they wanted over 6k for it.
That is a good point, fresh ISU students looking for a bike....I should probably tell him i'm going to put it up on craigslist and see what happens. Thanks for the responses so far.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I'd post it up for what you want, especially since you still have payments on it. But if you feel like being a nice guy, $4200 is a steal on a steal that you got lol.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is exactly what I wanted to hear, thanks for the input. I will put it on CL and hold out as long as possible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.