Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need a shop that will install a set of Optimal Racing fairings for my 07 600RR.

Anybody know any good body shops in the tri state?
I was just quoted $320 for a shop in LI...Nations Cycle. ouch.

Washington Cycle Works, NJ said they only do Sharkskinz because of fitment issues.

·
Premium Member
6,498 Posts
Nes, why don't you just do it yourself meng if your just installing fairings. It'll be the cheapest way to do it. Maybe have a buddy help you out.

Did you need them painted?

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
very easy to do.
be sure to mount the wind screen in the upper first, then dril the upper holes for the fairing mount.

tank cover is cake

lower is cake

tail usually requires shaving to clear the subframe.

all you need is a hand file, sand paper and a cordless drill and some decent bits.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah I'm gonna paint them myself.

rent out a compressor and gun from Home Depot, buy the paint. etc.

I need all the screws and stuff, and the proper size dzus fasteners.

damn...guess I gotta hit up Cozye and ask what I need. he did a nice DIY for it.

I know some guys who'd help me out....so yeah I think I might do it myself. But I'm dying to get back on the track. and compared to all the money I spent to get my RR back after my crash at VIR (almost 2 years ago), $300 doesn't sound like much.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Josh
thanks for the encouragement. lol.

I have all the tools...just need the Allen screws and dzus fasteners. and a generous friend in the NY area. =)

·
Premium Member
6,498 Posts
Josh
thanks for the encouragement. lol.

I have all the tools...just need the Allen screws and dzus fasteners. and a generous friend in the NY area. =)
If I wasn't a couple hours away from NY I'd come and help you out. :shakehand

I have to find that link for dzus fastners. I think its called kurveygirl.com or something like that. I'm going to ask a couple of friends and see what size you need.

Also, check out bikebolts.com they sell bolt kits for fairings or even tastynuts.com (weird name but they sell a lot of good bolt kits)

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
mak

thanks dude. I was just checking probolts, tastynuts, and kurveygirl when you posted it up.

ahh...this is ain't as hard as I thought it would be.

I'm def doing this myself. Sweet. Looks like I'll be back to the track before Summer starts.

·
Premium Member
6,498 Posts
mak

thanks dude. I was just checking probolts, tastynuts, and kurveygirl when you posted it up.

ahh...this is ain't as hard as I thought it would be.

I'm def doing this myself. Sweet. Looks like I'll be back to the track before Summer starts.

No problem meng. What track(s) do you frequent?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Nes, if you still need shops check out Nassaumotorsports.com (on Jericho turnpike) and Powerhouse MC in Babylon. Not sure if the specialize in body parts like Nations Cycles though.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I know some guys who'd help me out....so yeah I think I might do it myself.
Alan? Dude is a perfectionist when it comes to bike stuff. You should have told him last year that you needed help, then he'd be available to help ya out now lol. Sorry alan, Im joking mang :crackup:

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
I got Dzus fastners from curveygirl.
I had the old style rivet ones, but I think they have rivetless fastners now.

if you go the rivet route, harbor freight has a good rivet gun for around 20 bucks.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a rivet gun already. bought it when I did some things around the house (built a basement into a full living space...3 rooms, studs, sheetrock, insulation, the whole deal).

And yeah, I just texted Alan (we know each other through some mutual friends for years now).

Hmm. Guess when I have everything ready it'll be easier than I expected.

oh. and I'll keep everyone posted through this thread. should be less than a month. ordering bolts and dzus fasteners now.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
No problem meng. What track(s) do you frequent?
NJMP, VIR, Pocono FUSA, MMC, and NHIS/Loudon would be on the to-do list this year.
Maybe a winter weekend trip to Jennings GP.
Next year I might make the trips to Canada for Calabogie.

·
I AM The Righty
2,380 Posts
i wouldn't say i am the most adapt person to wrench on bikes but I was able to mount all my plastics for my RR and total time was probably 3 hours...by myself
def get all the bolts/fasteners you need and you'll be golden. then treat yourself to $300 steak with all the $ you save lol

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
i wouldn't say i am the most adapt person to wrench on bikes but I was able to mount all my plastics for my RR and total time was probably 3 hours...by myself
def get all the bolts/fasteners you need and you'll be golden. then treat yourself to $300 steak with all the $ you save lol
wrong.

if you're anything like me...you'll get a $40 steak, veggies and mash meal...and the rest is beer money :cheers: :newyears: :bigclap:

thanks for the inspiration. I've gotten pretty damn good at working on the bike. did the PAIR mod myself, changed out the radiator hoses, installed the Bazzaz ZFI/AFM Module, changed clip ons, Servo removal mod, Race air filter, Ten Kate replica intake. etc.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
you got it no problem.
the hardest part is the upper, just because you have to make sure it fits around the radiator.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
wrong.

if you're anything like me...you'll get a $40 steak, veggies and mash meal...and the rest is beer money :cheers: :newyears: :bigclap:

thanks for the inspiration. I've gotten pretty damn good at working on the bike. did the PAIR mod myself, changed out the radiator hoses, installed the Bazzaz ZFI/AFM Module, changed clip ons, Servo removal mod, Race air filter, Ten Kate replica intake. etc.
no steak and all beer FTW!!!!!!! drunkorexia rocks:banger:

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 25 Posts