Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it looks like I'm going to go with the REDUC season Track pass for 2004. My only real need at this point is the trailer. I've got the hitch installed on my Cobra and the light harness is going in this weekend.

I want the single bike trailer to be light enough to not be a burden on the Mustang but be stable enough for obvious safety reasons.

Let's see some ideas.. :D

Lance

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Check out some places where lawncare guys get their equipment. Someone can probably tell you a place to get a cheap streched metal covered trailer....nice and light....and plenty stable to hold our light bikes.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
holmes said:
Your gonna pull the trailer with a Cobra? Ouch.
It wasn't my first choice but the Probe is obviously not an option. The Cobra is a heavy car (for stability)and I've got 301hp/290+ tq at the wheels with it. Not that those numbers are ground breaking but I figure if I take it easy, it will manage.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Why is the probe not an option? I have pulled a two rail with an RC and F4i on it with an S10 with the little I4 motor. It wasn't the fastest thing, but it got me there.
Also, I have been in a Saturn pulling my F4i and an R6 with minimal effort. If you do not want to tear up the Mustang, DON'T USE IT FOR TOWING.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Probe has way too many miles on it and I use it mainly for local winter driving to work etc. The Cobra is a tank and has been virtually bullet proof since I've bought it in 98. I don't care if it takes some abuse but I will be sure to change the engine/ trans and rear fluids much more frequently.

·
Registered
283 Posts
yeah the probe can pull one bike dog, just take it real easy at first, it'll do it. Hell you can tow another car with a probe so why not a bike :lol2:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
The trailer that luck has can be nice with some mods. I put a deck on my friends trailer (two rails but same frame). As pictured, it is very flexy but light. However, if you intend to do lots of highway miles, you should really look for a trailer with 15" wheels.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hondaf4iguy said:
The trailer that luck has can be nice with some mods. I put a deck on my friends trailer (two rails but same frame). As pictured, it is very flexy but light. However, if you intend to do lots of highway miles, you should really look for a trailer with 15" wheels.
Those 12 inch wheels do have me concerned but I have heard they can do the job. :?:

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
Ok so I've done some research on this trailer thing b/c I'm in the market for one two. luckydevil, That one wont work for our bikes b/c the rail is 5" wide and we need at least 7.25" minimum but I would go with 7.5".

I've read a few bad reviews on the Harbor Freight trailer not because of the design but b/c the ball bearings go out real fast.

The Motote seems like a good option at first glance if you have a big vehicle but we are talking about a class 3 hitch which usually has a tongue rating of 500 lbs. So we got a 370 lb bike DRY (A track bike will be a lot less). The Motote Sport rail is 90 lbs. Thats cutting it a little close.

I still haven't found that good yet affordable trailer.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I believe there is a "fat tire" option. I recall there being two rail sizes.

However, on the trailer I borrow, we trimmed/bent the rails so they would be wide enough. I know this isn't ideal, however you get what you pay for.

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
yeah....I'm going to look around locally hopefully some1 will have a trailer I can buy. There was one guy on ebay that was selling a trailer with a car axel and tires that had three rails. Bad thing was they were only 5" rails and he wasn't willing to ship. I guess you can put a piece of wood to elevate the rear tire but I'm very skeptical.

L

·
0 Posts
i'm sure if you took the trailer to any local welding shop they would cut and widen the rails for you for a small fee.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts