Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im getting my federal taxes back in about two weeks. Im gonna have about $1000 to $1500 to spend after i have other things paid off. I was wondering whether there is something i should get for my bike (stands, oil, gear, or put the money towards my loan). I have brand new tires on my bike and everything is good for the time being. I know the smart thing to do would be to put the money towards my loan but eh, sometimes other things seem like a better idea lol. just wanted to know what u guys thought

·
Registered
991 Posts
totally pay off the loan. You'll have more money to spend on the unnecessary (but for worth it lol) things in the long run. Dont let those bastards screw one more penny out of you than need be.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Buy a nice rearstand (120 bucks) and throw the rest of the money at your debt. you'll thank yourself for it in a year, trust us, ha. I only say rearstand because it makes it sooo much easier to work on most things, and it keeps the bike upright, takes up less space, and looks better, lol. I consider it a necessity, not an accessory. Everything else can wait.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
ok, the thing is, if you put it towards your loan, you will still have a payment. it just shortens the loan. but in the long run the loan will help your credit. i mean your paymment cant be over 150. i would go get proper riding gear. or even pay off a credit card.

S

·
0 Posts
ok, the thing is, if you put it towards your loan, you will still have a payment. it just shortens the loan. but in the long run the loan will help your credit. i mean your paymment cant be over 150. i would go get proper riding gear. or even pay off a credit card.
My payment was $220 :banghead:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Oh yeah, duh. See if it's possible for you to make that huge payment DIRECTLY towards the principle of your loan, so there isn't interest taken out of it! Call the loan company and ask!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the huge payment i would make would go towards principle. Also, i already have all the gear for riding. I think im just gonna drop a bomb load o cash on my loan and get it paid off quick. then i can drop full coverage insurance bull s**t and save me some green backs.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
the huge payment i would make would go towards principle. Also, i already have all the gear for riding. I think im just gonna drop a bomb load o cash on my loan and get it paid off quick. then i can drop full coverage insurance bull s**t and save me some green backs.
dropping full coverage is a stupid move. what happens if you wreck it and only have liability? your screwed and will end up getting another loan, but like posted above, that's a good way to pay a lump sum of money on your loan. 220? damn bro that's high as hell. that would be a car payment in my eyes, lol. don't drop full coverage, it will help you in the long run if you ever need it. gap insurance is recommended also since you have a loan out. in all actuality, if you want to pay bills off, get the smallest to the largest of your debt, take the 1500 and start from the smallest debt, go on up your debt chain till you dont have any more of the money left. thats what me and my wife did, our largest bill was a 25k loan on our nissan xterra that we just sent the last 339.27 payment in for. remember, from smallest to largest. you can always double up on payments a couple times a year and that will totlay knock the loan down super fast. im not trying to tell you what to do, im just saying from what i tried to do, and didnt work and what i did that did work. good luck bro.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
i agree with getting a stand and then putting the rest towards your loan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts