Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the weight inside the handlebar was broken. The previous owner was missing the bar end and I decided to buy a new one to find out that the screwing part of the bar end was missing(broken). After investigating the conclusion was obvious he dropped the bike and broke the weight(long tube inside the handle bar). So I got all the OEM parts from honda and now I need to put it back together.
The end of the weight(broken part)

The weight... the black thing is a rubber that goes all the way inside the handle bar

The new OEM part from Honda, can you see the difference of the screwing end for the bar end?

The end that was missing on the old one(A rubber goes on that space)

The two parts side by side... you can tell what's missing. At the bottom is the rubber part that I will put on the new one.

There's that rubber thing that I was talking about... goes on the inside of the handle bar.

The other side of the rubber part.

This is called a ring. Goes at the end of the handle bar right next to the bar end

Just another view of the ring

So here is the whole thing assembled...

So I dont know what to do next. Do I just stick it in the handlebar? How does it stay inside...? Does anything clip? I know on the rubber there is a crack around the whole rubber... does that get stock inside the handlebar? I dont know what to do? LMK thanks

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm hoping I can explain this well...

in your last pic, you have the ring next to the bar weight. the ring will go over the bar weight on the right side (as pictured). put the weight in the handlebar such that the ring will be on the outside end of the handlebar. the ring will have some "dimples" or raised indentations (maybe even arrows). notice the end of the handlebar will have holes. those "dimples" will go into the handlebar's holes and secure the weight in the handlebar.

i hope i explained that well enough.

BTW, you may need another piece of rubber, #26 in the diagram below

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
abadfish

Great explanation as always helping out when ever possible
thanks bro

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks mang... figured it out today. There is a rubber on the end that attaches to the ring. The ring attaches to the actual handlebar(since there is two holes on the handlebar) and that keeps it from coming off... I just need to get my bar ends ordered and I'll be set.

·
Registered
41 Posts
hey

how did you take the weight out from the handlebar? i need to replace the weight as well. how much did it cost you for the replacements?

·
Registered
92 Posts
How much did those pieces cost you? I also just broke off my bar end and my "weight" looks exactly like the one you are replacing....

·
Registered
143 Posts
''how did you take the weight out from the handlebar? i need to replace the weight as well. how much did it cost you for the replacements?''

to get a broken weight out just screw in the screw with no bar end and pull

1 - 7 of 7 Posts