Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be buying a bike (probably used) in the spring and need help in deciding between an F4i and the RR. I can read all the reviews and compare all the specifications, but what I really need is some experienced riders to give me specific advice.

I am still a relatively new rider, although I learned and feel fairly comfortable on a 600cc, I haven't ridden in over 2 years due to financial restraints. I will be doing highway riding almost exclusively on the curvy, mountainous roads of upstate New York. I do not anticipate doing much or any track riding in the near future.

Based on all these things, I'm just curious to get some input.

Thanks.

bdj

·
Registered
417 Posts
well... f4i is a good bike... rr is a much better bike... i presume you'll be buying 03/04... between the 2... 03 f4i looks better/sportier IMHO... but as far as pricing goes... you'll find not much diff between rr and f4i... so i'd be buying the RR instead... simply because it is much much more precised handling than the f4i... good luck shopping!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, that's exactly the type of input i was looking for. hopefully by time i start shopping in a few months i'll be able to make a very informed decision. thanks again!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
apologize

Being new to this forum, I would like to apology for not utilizing the search feature first. After a quick search I have found more than enough answers to my questions.

bdj

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Re: apologize

Nitesky59 said:
Being new to this forum, I would like to apology for not utilizing the search feature first. After a quick search I have found more than enough answers to my questions.

bdj
Beat me to it, good appology ;-) I'm sure you'll be more than happy with whichever bike you choose. They're both more than great bikes.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
another thing to think about is the power difference between the two...mainly where you get the power. The RR really requires you to be pretty high in the rpm's to get into the power. The f4i you will find it at lower rpms. As for riding style...the RR has alot more of an aggressive riding position (which I really like)...the f4i kinda lets you sit more upright. For me, I'm really glad that I got the RR. Its an awesome bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts