Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

I just put on a tripage fender eliminator kit on my 2008 cbr 600rr. What i need help is the passenger cowl. I cant seem to put it on right because the tail light is in the way. can anyone shed some light on how to put on the cowl without any damage?

Thanks to all who reply

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had the same issue a couple weeks ago... It's not going to fit easily like it did before the install. T had a thread/doc that involved shaving down the plastic clip on the seat also... Anywho, personally put the light inside the cowl before I placed the cowl back on. Then I used the brackets to mount the light into position permanently. I also had to kinda force the seat back on... It sits slightly above where it used to, but you cant really tell... unless you're up on it...

·
Premium Member
14,336 Posts
Making the rear seat fit better:

Solo Cowl:

If the cowl has a gap between the cowl and tail you can put washers between the tail and the taillight brackets to make the tail sit higher and fill the gap.

The front two screws on the underside of the cowl need to be removed. Put a spacer between the black plastic piece and the inside of the cowl (about 3mm thick) and then put the two screws back in and tighten back up. This will allow your latch to grab on easier. Then take a hair dryer or heat gun ( I used a heat gun), get it good and hot (not so it is moving by itself) but hot enough you are able to bend it. Heat it up a little at a time, use your hands to hold it in the shape you want while it cools back down. Took me two or three times and I had fitting about as perfect as I could get it. This photo was taken before I got it just right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts