Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm in the process of getting a 600rr bt wanted to see what your opinions are abt these 2 bikes Im looking at. There's an 05 600rr for $4800, with 4k miles, excellent condition, everything stock;and there's and 07 600rr for $4900 with 19k miles, with a fork leak. I can't make up my mind. What should be the smart thing to buy, 05 or 07? Thanks for the opinions!

-ryry

·
Registered
475 Posts
where are you located at? personally i would buy the 05 due to the lower miles and no leaks. Have you tried looking at the classifieds on here or craigslist/ebay. there are some good deals to be found.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm located in San Diego,ca. Yeah I've looked at the classified here and there are sme good deals bt unfortunatley the good deals are to far from me location wise. Thanks for your opinion!

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
I'm located in San Diego,ca. Yeah I've looked at the classified here and there are sme good deals bt unfortunatley the good deals are to far from me location wise. Thanks for your opinion!
stay away from the 07 The 05 sounds pretty good, although 07's can be had with relativley low miles for 5 to 6k. I would keep looking around.
Oh and another thing are you wanting a newer model over an older one

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stay away from the 07 The 05 sounds pretty good, although 07's can be had with relativley low miles for 5 to 6k. I would keep looking around.
Oh and another thing are you wanting a newer model over an older one
I'm actually looking for 05 or newer 600rr.. Yeah I'm not rushing on purchasing one yet because I'm sure I'll find a good deal soon.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hmm, if the fork leak is the only thing wrong with the '07 and he can show you documents of all other regular maintenance, I could go for the '07 but not for that price.

All else being A-Ok, I personally wouldn't pay over $4k because of the fork leak.

If the prices are set in stone, and even though I'm biased toward the '07+ because I believe its the superior bike, the '05 seems the better value if nothing is wrong with it.

GL

·
Registered
376 Posts
Give me the phone number to the 2007 CBR, I am going to call him and buy it. j/k

Don't be afraid to take the bike you really like with the owner to the dealer and have them check it, who knows the seller might lower the price if he knows everything wrong with the bike.

·
Registered
188 Posts
between those two options, stick w/ the 05 but i've seen deals on 07+ 600RR's in southern california for 5500 or less with much less mileage. keep looking and you'll find one - i think getting an 07+ 600rr is well worth the wait and a little extra money.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you want an 07, you can find a better deal.
Yeah I really want a 07.. How abt you sell me your bike fallingbomb?!haha jk.. You have the exact bike I want to buy.. I'll just be patient and wait till a good deal comes my way..

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I have to choose between those two I would choose the 05. But I would keep searching.

Just saw this. I can't see the pics but seems like a nice bike/good deal not too far from SD.
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/1965119852.html
Thanks ryosen for that link! I contacted that guy and I actually tried negotiating bt he wouldn't take my offer. If you find any more good deals let me know man because I want a bike already. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Something to think about. Fork seals are not hard to fix, but you need special tools and a few skills. Also, they don't start leaking for no reason. They leak because of gooned-up wheelies, stoppies, crashes, etc. Not necessarily a deal breaker, but you need to know what you're getting into.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Something to think about. Fork seals are not hard to fix, but you need special tools and a few skills. Also, they don't start leaking for no reason. They leak because of gooned-up wheelies, stoppies, crashes, etc. Not necessarily a deal breaker, but you need to know what you're getting into.
He is right; leaky forks are a sure sign from too many wheelies. The parts are cheap (two fork seals set & fork oil) but many many hours of labor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts