Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took it apart to paint it because I had a get off on the last day of the season last year. But I painted it back around thanksgiving and havent had time to put it back together. My servi manuel isnt helping but squat and the print outs I got from the shop arent helping either. I have a few pieces that I dont know where they go. Specifically these pieces that are square, but have a threaded hole in the middle of them. I think they go in the front cowl because I have the rubber back in the rest of them. Does anyone have any pictures to help me out? Or at least know what Im talking about?

Dave

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
DAVE
if possible post some pictures of the pieces you are talking about i worked on the upper not long ago and i do not remember the parts you are talking about were attached to the upper and i will try and help you

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I will. It will be awhile until I cna get home. But Ill get them up as soon as I can.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
how about just give me more info the parts involved with the upper
1. headlights
2. rams air nostrils
3. ram air tubes 2 for each side one of them has a triangle shape with a hole at the top ( this might be the parts you are talking about )
4. plastic bar the is attached to the ram air tubes and the upper
confirm if # 3 is the parts you mentioned in your post thanks

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I have all the plastics on there. That stuff was easy. The pieces are about the size of a nickel, maybe a little larger. They might have something to do with that sensor that mounts on the headlight. The one you have to take off to get the light out. I believe its a tilt sensor. These are little square pieces of metal that have screw threads in them. The threads are almost tunnel like. IE, the piece is flat on one side, but the threads go all the way throughand past the other side of the square. Hmm I may have to get picturesnext weekend.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
the sensor should not be a problem at all one side you have to screw it down the other side has a lip in the shape of a circle and it basically slides into and around a rubber groment that has the 2nd screw in it already
i hope this makes sense and helps you get the jon done if not post pictures when possible and i will try and help ;-)

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, I think Ill have to get pics next weekend

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
guess what bro i know what you are talking about these should slide onto your upper and are used to hold the 2 corner headlight screws to the upper if your head light is kind of loose then what i just stated is your answer

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
awsome. So now I have 2 extra black clips... Gotta find where those go :eek: Oh man this is gonna be a loooong night when I get home to do this

Thanks bro

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
easy man you got to take the head light off now you know there
is 5 screws that are used to attach the headlight to the upper
2 at the top of the headlight corners 1 behind the bank angle sensor
and 2 to the left and right of the headlights these are the ones that need
the two loose square things you got in your hand their location you can not miss 1 is to the right of the ( HEADLIGHT ) and 1 is to the left
and that spot there is a plastic tab where the ram air covers ( plastic pieces ) on the sides of the tank slid into if you got confused or stuck pm me ;-)

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
bank angle sensor?

moeman said:
is 5 screws that are used to attach the headlight to the upper 2 at the top of the headlight corners 1 behind the bank angle sensor and 2 to the left and right of the headlights
hmm. Not to hijack this thread but the bank angle sensor...is that connected to the headlight/upper? If I want to swap out the upper with a trackday upper I didnt expect to take the headlights out of the stock upper, just remove the entire unit. I think thats correct.

But the bank angle sensor...am I going to run into trouble with this? Will this remain on the bike if I remove the upper in one peice? And/or, will the bike not function in some way if it does come off with the upper?

I'm a bit worried now (particularly since I've never done it).
pablo-

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The sensor is connected to the wiring harness which pulls off the headlight assembly. You may have to jimmy rig something, but I know there are a bunch of racers on here that could give you a better answer than I could.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
the 2 squared threaded "thngies" that you are talking about goes on the side to screw the headlight to the cowl... if you pull out your headlight, the sides of the headlights need 4 screws - 2 of them on top - which is already part of the cowl (threaded) - and i think 2 gold screws, then, the 2 squared threaded thingies (1 for each side)...

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I believe that 26 are the black clips that go on the cowl. I tried to find the pieces Im talking about but they arent anywhere I would think they would be. No suprise as its no different from when I worked in a shop.

Ill try to get pictures next weekend

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Re: bank angle sensor?

pantablo said:
moeman said:
is 5 screws that are used to attach the headlight to the upper 2 at the top of the headlight corners 1 behind the bank angle sensor and 2 to the left and right of the headlights
hmm. Not to hijack this thread but the bank angle sensor...is that connected to the headlight/upper? If I want to swap out the upper with a trackday upper I didnt expect to take the headlights out of the stock upper, just remove the entire unit. I think thats correct.

But the bank angle sensor...am I going to run into trouble with this? Will this remain on the bike if I remove the upper in one peice? And/or, will the bike not function in some way if it does come off with the upper?

If ur gonna take ur headlight off for a trackday, you will need to take the tip sensor and place it on ur fairing stay OR re-route the wires for it - i believe, you connect the 2 outer wires (correct me if im wrong peeps) - so you wont have to take ur tip sensor off the headlight...
if you're gonna use ur tip sensor for the track, you might wanna buy the vortex fairing stay because they already have holes for you to screw the sensor in... or do what i did, zip tie the tip sensor to the stock fairing stay - just make sure its straight...

I'm a bit worried now (particularly since I've never done it).
pablo-

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
BDiddy said:
I believe that 26 are the black clips that go on the cowl. I tried to find the pieces Im talking about but they arent anywhere I would think they would be. No suprise as its no different from when I worked in a shop.

Ill try to get pictures next weekend
#26 is the metal clips you put on the tab of the upper cowl so you can screw the headlight on to the cowl...

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes thats what I thought. Those are definitly not the pieces that I am trying to figure out. I have those placed already. I may very well have the headlight set up properly and I am just misplacing these 2 parts. they may go somewhere else on the machine, but I couldnt think of another place for them to go. They dont go on the side cowls, or on the fuel tank cover or the tail. They also dont go on the little intake covers. So Im defaulting to the headlight. Its seems to be the only logical place for them to go.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
DAVE
saying wazzzzzzzzzzzz up i hope you have the upper put together
and evreything is in place please let me know take care ;-)

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Man you lucky dogs down in florida... Its all snowing here in NYC. Cant ride until they clean up the sand... Man Im jealous. :shock:

My grandmonther decided not to go to the beach one day when it was 70 because it was overcast... It was snowing that day up here. Yar!!!!! I wish I could ride.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts