Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done some searching on here for some aid in the oil in my new bike I picked it up today. The dealership said they looked it over, but I am real picky about my toys. I saw in one said there was a sight glass in the case to check oil level. Went and looked on both sides and saw nothing. There is no dip stick so I am quite lost on how to check the oil in this bike. I can take pics if needed. Since I bought the bike used I was never given the owners manual or I wouldnt be asking

05 cbr600rr

Oil weight seems like the main thur searching was 4t by Mobil one or Amsoil 10-40?

Oil capisity?

Filter number would be great as well?

If some has a owners manual that they want to part ways with I would be will to purchase it.

Thanks
-Sean-

·
Registered
500 Posts
05 cbr600rr

Oil weight seems like the main thur searching was 4t by Mobil one or Amsoil 10-40?

Oil capisity?

If some has a owners manual that they want to part ways with I would be will to purchase it.

Thanks
-Sean-
The sight glass is a little window on the right side of your bike, on the engine, down low (there is probably a hole in your fairings for you to look through so you can see the window).

Oil capacity with filter change is 3.1qts.

I personally don't care for Amsoil. It's an overpriced boutique oil IMO, but plenty of riders swear by it. It's completely up to you which brand of oil you use. 10w-40 is a good oil weight. If you live somewhere very hot during the summer you could get away with running a 50w oil. I live in southern california and run synthetic 5w-40 year round.

The oil filter that I prefer is Purolator's PureOne. There are two filters that will fit our bike, the only difference is their sizes. If you have stock headers, you can fit either the PL14610 (slightly longer) or the PL14612 which is the same size as the stock filter.

You can google an owners manual. That's how I got my '06 manual. Google a littler harder and you can find a shop repair manual for a 2003 which is similar enough that you can use it for a lot of things for your 2005.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Amsoil offers the best protection. PM Amsoil Dealer Group. He is a site sponsor and hooks us up with great prices on it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sight glass is a little window on the right side of your bike, on the engine, down low (there is probably a hole in your fairings for you to look through so you can see the window).

Oil capacity with filter change is 3.1qts.

I personally don't care for Amsoil. It's an overpriced boutique oil IMO, but plenty of riders swear by it. It's completely up to you which brand of oil you use. 10w-40 is a good oil weight. If you live somewhere very hot during the summer you could get away with running a 50w oil. I live in southern california and run synthetic 5w-40 year round.

The oil filter that I prefer is Purolator's PureOne. There are two filters that will fit our bike, the only difference is their sizes. If you have stock headers, you can fit either the PL14610 (slightly longer) or the PL14612 which is the same size as the stock filter.

You can google an owners manual. That's how I got my '06 manual. Google a littler harder and you can find a shop repair manual for a 2003 which is similar enough that you can use it for a lot of things for your 2005.

I think I found the site glass there is a small square cut in the lower right fairing. I will google some more to see if I can find the repair manual that you are talking about. Thanks for helping me. Mid Florida is where i live so i think I am just going to 10-40. Thanks for the oil filter numbers tooo.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have done some searching on here for some aid in the oil in my new bike I picked it up today. The dealership said they looked it over, but I am real picky about my toys. I saw in one said there was a sight glass in the case to check oil level. Went and looked on both sides and saw nothing. There is no dip stick so I am quite lost on how to check the oil in this bike. I can take pics if needed. Since I bought the bike used I was never given the owners manual or I wouldnt be asking

05 cbr600rr

Oil capisity?

Thanks
-Sean-
i kind of had the same question. then realized when the bike is on the "kick stand" it looks like the oil is empty. level it out and you will see the window fill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts