Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I put my bike up on its stand today and started it. Put it in first gear and let out the clutch. obviously the rear wheel began to spin. I pulled the clutch in all the way and the tire kept spinning. Kept the clutch pulled in all the way for like 2 min and the same thing. It only does that in first. And i notice when I give the bike a little throttle (2500rpm) a quick blip, the tire coasts to a halt. The bike only does this in first gear also. Let me know if i am tripping or something. any advice would be helpful. thanks

·
Registered
939 Posts
competely normal mate, do not worry, they all do that...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aight cool. thanks. I kinda thought so but i just wanted a second opinion or however many come with posting on the .net

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah, dude. The clutch pack is made up of tightly packed disks and plates (duh), but even when clutch is disengaged, they are still quite tight in the basket. So it just means you'll have a very very tiny bit of engagement at all times as a side-effect of having the clutch pack engaged very tightly upon releasing the clutch. Cool? This tight packing (even when disengaged) helps get the best amount of friction to transfer our 100+ hp to wheels. Sweet!

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts