Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 yellow RR and I want to put some carbon fiber pieces on it. I was origionally thinking about doing the whole bike but I really don't have the cash for that.

My question is what do you think would look good CF on my yellow bike?

I was thinking maybe the lowers, front fender (questionable), left and right side engine covers, mirrors, rear hugger, chain guard, and ram air vents. I know it is hard without a pic. Any opinions?

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Wizard has a carbon fiber front fender on his yellow one. Looks really good.

I think the carbon fiber look goes really good with the yellow.

Don't forget the Carbon fiber rims too! :roll:

C

·
0 Posts
eazy e said:
Wizard has a carbon fiber front fender on his yellow one. Looks really good.

I think the carbon fiber look goes really good with the yellow.

Don't forget the Carbon fiber rims too! :roll:
Yeah, Im sure if hes short on cash he will be able to afford $3,500 rims. :roll:

Personally, I only like to replace the existing black plastic parts with carbon fiber. I think replacing things like the fenders and lower doesnt look right. I would replace things like the exhaust guard, heel plates, ram air guards, side panel under the seat, etc. Those are small things too so they wont cost as much, and you could do them a little at a time.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Heres my opinion. Get CF lowers and tail. You could go super pimp and get the Mad Doctor tail in CF. Leave the upper, mids and tank yellow with black euro wings. SEXY!

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
here's Wizards....

the carbon fender

I think it looks pretty good

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input. I really think CF lowers will look good. Alot of people paint them black and CF unless your up close looks alot like black. Then when your up close you can see the real "bling" factor lol. As far as the exhaust guard that will all be gone when I get a FE soon anyways. Good idea though. Heel guards I don't think i can do because I want a new set of rear sets (Sato). Hmm the side panel I never thought of. Not sure where I can get that part if anyone knows please chime in. Finally the Mad Doc tail. That would be nice but right now I'm paying to get my stock tail repainted. O well maybe in the future.

Wizards bike is nice by the way. Very unique.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'm a supa supa newb, and quite poor. but I think these things look super sexy as they sit on the showroom floor 100% stock.

What exactly does having carbon fiber body parts do for ya other than the looks? I love the look of carbon fiber.. just curious if theres an alternative purpose.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Liquid said:
I'm a supa supa newb, and quite poor. but I think these things look super sexy as they sit on the showroom floor 100% stock.

What exactly does having carbon fiber body parts do for ya other than the looks? I love the look of carbon fiber.. just curious if theres an alternative purpose.

Well depending on who you buy your CF from. It is a bit lighter but I only want it for looks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts