Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me out. I have a 08 CBR 600 RR and I am in the Army. I have been deployed for almost a year and will be returning home shortly. What I need help with is, what I should change out on my bike, i.e. fluids and such and what type I should get. I put a fuel saver mix in before I left and the bike has been ran about once a week for about 10 minutes at idle. Also I put it up on front and rear stands so the tires won't have flat spots. Thanks for the help!

A

·
0 Posts
change oil, and filter... U dont have too, but i would pull the gas and put fresh gas in there.. other then that i would check everything over and then enjoy it!

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
i agree with awd, just cause the bike was ran doesnt mean the battery was charged. it needs to be above 4500 rpm to start charging. but it might be ok. gla your coming back home. thanks for serving our country.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Don't forget to check your tire pressure before you go riding.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Grease the chain a little and get it worked in on an easy first few minutes out.
Mine was sitting for about 2 months and the chain had about two links that were a little stiff. 5 mins and all was good.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Physically look the entire bike over. A sitting bike may have had visitors.....

Change the oil and oil filter
Get that old shitty gas out and put some new fresh gas in
Check the brakes, make sure nothing is seized
Check the throttle, make sure nothing is seized
Check the clutch, make sure nothing is seized
Charge the battery
Lube the chain, check the tension
Check your tires over and adjust pressure, they will be low
Wipe her down. Even a covered machine will have accumulated grime after that much time
Before you ride, check the indicators and your headlight to ensure all are functioning

Now when you go, be careful, you will also need to shake off some rust.

Be safe brother.

·
Registered
154 Posts

Charge the battery
Wipe her down. Even a covered machine will have accumulated grime after that much time
Before you ride, check the indicators and your headlight to ensure all are functioning

Be safe brother.
:+1: better safe then sorry better to take the time then to find out the hard way

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for all the feed back. I can't wait to ride off into the sunset, its all I have been thinking about this whole year in Afghanistan.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thanks guys for all the feed back. I can't wait to ride off into the sunset, its all I have been thinking about this whole year in Afghanistan.
Ive been thinking the same thing in the Navy been over a year for me but April cant come soon enough!

A

·
0 Posts
what do you do in the Navy? hope u come back safe man!! thanks for your time!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am a AM or aviation structural mechanic on E2C hawkeyes
Thats cool, I work on AH-64 Apaches weapons systems. I was wondering are you stationed in Washington or are you from there? The reason I ask is I'm getting out and moving back there and have no one to ride with over the summer. Anyway hit me up if your down.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Im not really good on this kind of info but I did want to pay respects where respects are do.

Thank you so much fighting for the freedom of our counrty that does not come free. Our country is great even though many people have complaints about it yet never left the country, never the less their own state. Its worth fighting for your own home and the country that you belive in. I look up to and respect those who serve our country.

Come home safe.

A future server of our great country,
-Brian

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thats cool, I work on AH-64 Apaches weapons systems. I was wondering are you stationed in Washington or are you from there? The reason I ask is I'm getting out and moving back there and have no one to ride with over the summer. Anyway hit me up if your down.
No I'm from a city named Washington in Missouri, But I am stationed overseas in Atsugi Japan right now, Although I am looking to get stationed at Whidbey Island, Washington after I leave here!:banger:

·
Registered
60 Posts

Charge the battery

Be safe brother.
+1 I had a mouse chew my wiring harness up while I was deployed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
get a shop manual you can follow it word for word and come out legit. otherwise spend afew bucks and have a shop go through it.you been living tax free havent you? dont be cheap son! spur the economy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts