Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been reading through some threads and it looks like either Corbin or Saddlemen would be the way to go if I'm looking for a new seat. I also hear that monkey butt powder works well. I've been doing some longer rides recently and my ass is killing me by the end of the ride. I have an 07 600rr. I really dont want to spend $300 on a new seat but if that's the best option I guess I've got no choice.
So any suggestions on what I could do to make those long rides more comfortable?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Corbin all the way. I have one on my RR and it's the best upgrade you can get if you ride long distance. The seat is so comfortable you'll be able to ride longer than a tank of gas can handle. It's totally worth it.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just checked the price...$260 holy **** that's an expesive seat. Better give me a bj while I'm riding it or something. I'm not too fond of the looks either but I would only be installing it for long days and use the regular seat for the rest of the time and track days.
Umm.. any other options?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Once I get a little extra cash I am going with either a Luimoto or HT Moto seat cover and add some gel padding underneath. Gel is cheap about 20.00 and the covers 80-125.00.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
You get what you pay for. Gel is cheap but after an hour of your hot ass sitting on it it starts to lose its strength and wont give you the proper support and fatigue will set in.

The Corbin uses a proprietary foam that is specially designed to hold your weight for as long as you're riding. It never gives. I have done thousands of miles on my Corbin and have no complaints, so have thousands of other riders. Yes it's expensive (I think I paid $350 for mine) but it is an investment that is well worth it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Tpapp, I totally understand what you are saying. That is just pretty steap for a seat. Worth it, but steap. Maybe I could cut a piece of memory foam off my bed and use that. :retard: LOL.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I've got a corbin on the 900 and it really is worth it. Long trips are no sweat at all. I've made plenty of trips to SoCal and back and was glad to have it. I need to get one for the 600 soon myself.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Corbin all the way. I have one on my RR and it's the best upgrade you can get if you ride long distance. The seat is so comfortable you'll be able to ride longer than a tank of gas can handle. It's totally worth it.
:+1:for Corbin!

That's a good way to put it TPapp, the seat makes the ride so comfortable that you can ride longer than one full tank of gas can go.

I paid a little over $200 for mine. Brad from Superbike Supply got me a great price. If you don't mind biting the bullet for a good seat then buy a Corbin.

IMHO, it's definitely worth it's price.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts