Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had someone try to break into my bike by busting key cylinder chamber. i cannot start the bike and need to replace this part. i called the shop and was told to do this by this order:

1. go ahead and bust through the key cylinder to unlock
2. set the front on the jack and take off the top triple clamp
3. i didn't understand anything else he said...

well i wanted to know if any of you out there had misfortune of theft attempt such as mine and if there is the best and easiest way to do get my bike to start again. i have no tools so simplicity is what i am looking for.

i thank you in advance the time and kindness to help a fellow 2003 cbr 600rr rider in los angeles

·
Registered
812 Posts
Dude... this is the internet, not your neighbor. Anybody that replies to this with the method to do what your asking is nuts. You've been registered since 9-2003 and this is your first post: "How do I break into this bike"?

Post pics of your dilema and your VIN and something that IDs you. This kind of post is suspect at best - sorry, but it's true.

·
Registered
41 Posts
**** yes this is suspect even if they did try bust the cylinder the key should still release the pins to unlock your sterring wheel that or tow the bike to your dealer yes i said deal and have them deal with it.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Maybe its his first time. Anyone in LA missing their RR lately?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well certainly i didnt intend to make my thread anything suspect. i registered to this site in 2003 cuz thats when i purchased my RR. i never had to post anything cuz i was fine reading others' posts. well, not until recently did i have a misfortune of someone tampering with my bike that prompted me to seek a fast and effective method to unlock my steering wheel that was not going to cost me 300 dollars to fix at the shop! and perhaps i am not sure if someone DID try to steal my bike; all i know is i found my bike with key hole bent and i can't get it to turn. anyone who wants to offer sound advice i welcome.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
I have a key set for sale... If the key doesn't work to unlock.. Im guessing you need a whole new key set to start it as well... PM sent...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Countyblues said:
Did they break something in the ignition?
it appears as though a screwdriver was inserted, then rocked it front and back, left and right. there is a small bent in the metal top part. and key goes in all the way; it just would not turn at all! i took pics this morning to legitimize my "suspicious" claim but would not allow me to upload cuz it was too large. well all i want to do is ride my bike again. i posted this on other bike site but it is this site i count on receiving solid, easy instruction to unlock steering and ignition since many of you own 03 cbr 600rr and are more experienced rider than myself.

·
Registered
812 Posts
hyunsung said:
it appears as though a screwdriver was inserted, then rocked it front and back, left and right. there is a small bent in the metal top part. and key goes in all the way; it just would not turn at all! i took pics this morning to legitimize my "suspicious" claim but would not allow me to upload cuz it was too large. well all i want to do is ride my bike again. i posted this on other bike site but it is this site i count on receiving solid, easy instruction to unlock steering and ignition since many of you own 03 cbr 600rr and are more experienced rider than myself.
Until I see pics and a VIN I'm calling BS.

·
Registered
591 Posts
make it eazy on your self show the pics and I am sure someone will give you some help. Where in LA are you?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yea people aren't gonna give you a HOW TO STEAL A BIKE MANUAL.
Just post some pictures

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
Dude just hotwire the damned thing and ride wheelies everywhere. It's soo simple...

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Can't hot wire a cbr, and you can break the steering lock really easy.. If he's was going to part out the stolen bike he wouldnt be asking this....

1 - 20 of 47 Posts