Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm a new member and about to pull the trigger on buying a used 2006 CBR600RR. I have the vin number from the seller, but when I run it against various online sites (including car fax), it's telling me the vin number is not found or incorrect.

I contacted the seller and asked to verify the vin and he told me that it's correct. He tells me that he has a clean title in hand, and he has not registered the bike since he didn't want to pay for insurance.

Should I be concerned? I'm going to see the bike tonight and if everything checks out, I want to buy it. Any guidance and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Motorcycle vins wont come up on sites what you need to do is match the vin number
digit for digit , letter for letter to the title in hand that is the main check you can do

D

·
0 Posts
Have the DMV run a check on it. Online websites like carfax don't keep records of motorcycles. If he has the title and it is indeed a clean title, nothing to be worried about. Just look over the bike for obvious signs of damage and make sure his name is on the title and he is indeed the owner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, that makes me feel a lot more comfortable. Hopefully I can post pics of my new bike soon!

·
Registered
457 Posts
carfax only has maybe 1 out of every 10 bikes listed. I have run carfax reports on some of my other bikes, sometimes it works most times it does not... (last time i ran a carfax successfully on a bike was spring of 08)

if he has clean title in hand for that matches the vin on the bike you got nothing to worry about.

LEO and DMV can run vin checks for you also

1 - 5 of 5 Posts