Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i found this bike online 05 cbr600rr with tribal graphics. beautiful bike, lots of pics, not a scratch on it. only "problem" is its going for half the price of all the other bikes in this range. so i email the guy and he sends me a pic of the vin jh2pc37015m208957. but i cant find any info on it or know how to look it up. he says hes over seas and his wife will ship it to me, but im in san diego where he says its at so i can go look at it. so i wrote him back saying that im near it and just waiting for a response. any feedback?

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
you never know, he could be in the military and needs it gone.
if you can go look at the bike your good, but if he wants you to buy it sight unseen, stay far away.

as for the vin, check w/ the DMV.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I agree, It is a good rule not to deal with people from overseas when it comes to large purchases like a bike. I would normally say to go check it out but if it was legit, doesn't really make scenes that the bike would be half off.

If you can go and actually see it and touch it and ride it before the exchange of money...maybe but still probably safer staying away from it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Dude, I would never buy a bike without looking at it first, and if the deal is over seas I wouldn't even consider it.
There are a lot of good local deals out there, I know it first hand so just be patient, it will pay off in the long run.
My advice, don't do it. but that's just me.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I was gonna be sarcastic and say "yay.... another is this a scam thread" .. but im gonna be nice and say ya if you can physically see and touch the bike, then you might have just found a nice deal. FOR EVERYONE..... IF IT SEEMS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBABLY IS. simple really

·
Registered
380 Posts
If you can actually see the bike then go for it! but dont do anything with transfering funds. thats where you get screwed. good luck though

·
Registered
163 Posts
Scam. Even if you do see it in person, they could say that you need to transfer the funds and then he will overnight the signed title. Tell him you will be glad to pay in cash IF they sign the title in front of a notary at the police station. While you are there, have the police run the VIN BEFORE you sign the title as you think it might be stolen. I don't think you will get a response after suggesting this.

If his "wife" is here, he could easily sell it for market value. Too good of a deal to be true is usually not true...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah thats a good idea. im not retarted guys! im not going to send a check to some guy over seas to maybe get a bike. i posted this more on the hopes someone could help me with the vin look up. i tried all over the web and got that its going to cost 30 buck for ANY info, even the dmv page sucks

·
Registered
532 Posts
ask for his phone number to talk to him. See if you can go see the bike. If the bike is "already at the shipping co" its a scam. If he wants to use bank wire transfer or western union its a scam. Also look at the shipping co he wants to use. goggle it. Look it up for its phone number in the directory. look on better business burea. Also if he gives you the link to the shipping co (probably a scam) look up the website address (if it was created a few days ago SCAM!) if the website has been made long long time ago it will show up in directorys and google
Goodluck!
Do your research!

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
If you go to look at it and his "wife" has the title in hand then I'd say go for it. However, I'm sure you'll get a reply like, "You can not look at it because it is in storage at "x" company and will only ship it for me. Please pay me through western union and I will have it shipped asap"... or something like that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i fell for this one when i was 18, paid up my savings for an r1 and the guy was overseas, never saw the bike and never saw a dime of my money....

·
Registered
783 Posts
You will not ever hear back from him....I can almost guarantee that. This is a classic scam, and I cant believe people are still trying to pull it. But obviously....^....it still works!

Hopefully I am wrong and you end up getting a great bike at a great price!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
yeah thats a good idea. im not retarted guys! im not going to send a check to some guy over seas to maybe get a bike. i posted this more on the hopes someone could help me with the vin look up. i tried all over the web and got that its going to cost 30 buck for ANY info, even the dmv page sucks
sorry man, didn't mean to make you think I thought you were super retarded. Your title did kinda say "need your help! scam or no?" ... so I thought you might be partially retarded. But if you say your not, then I guess your word is good enough :tard:... LOL. check the VIN at the DMV.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I like to play around with the scammers. Ask them to take a picture of the right turn signal when it's blinking, stuff like that, just to waste there time. hahah

1 - 20 of 23 Posts