Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm planning on changing all the Honda Decals (wings, belly decal, etc.) to blue.

I'm trying to decide which blue to go with... here are the two that I am looking at

Lapis Blue:
http://www.tapeworks.com/HONDA Images/1176.038.jpg

I like the Lapis Blue because it looks more classic look and in the end I feel like if I want to change other things to powder coat etc. to put more blue accents on the parts it would be easier to match.

Fluorescent Blue:
http://www.tapeworks.com/HONDA Images/1153c1.JPG

I like the Fluorescent Blue a lot because it just pops out more than the Lapis Blue, but I think it definitely would be much harder to match if I do want to powder coat etc.

Which blue do you guys like better?

**edit** Forgot to mention my bike is black

·
Registered
116 Posts
What color is your bike now? Personally I don't care for either of those but it could be the bike base color that is throwing it off. I like the lapis blue but on that gray bike it just doesn't look right. Same with the fluorescent blue, doesn't look good on the black bike, but would probably look pretty good on a white, or even the gray.

One thing to keep in mind, fluorescent vinyl has a short life time, 2 to 3 years is about all they are rated for. Meaning the color will fade pretty quickly. If they offer that design package in a reflective blue, I think that is what I'd pick. Reflective vinyl is pretty unique and can really make something pop, especially in the twilight hours and at night.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What color is your bike now? Personally I don't care for either of those but it could be the bike base color that is throwing it off. I like the lapis blue but on that gray bike it just doesn't look right. Same with the fluorescent blue, doesn't look good on the black bike, but would probably look pretty good on a white, or even the gray.

One thing to keep in mind, fluorescent vinyl has a short life time, 2 to 3 years is about all they are rated for. Meaning the color will fade pretty quickly. If they offer that design package in a reflective blue, I think that is what I'd pick. Reflective vinyl is pretty unique and can really make something pop, especially in the twilight hours and at night.
My bike is black, I forgot to mention so did an edit on the thread. I didn't quite like the reflective blue that they had.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'd go the Lapis, looks more factory, the fluro look a bit too aftermarket to me and might look a bit too strong against the black.
But it's horses for courses, mate.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Lapis, especially since you want more parts to match to your decals. The decals might look OKAY being fluorescent however if anything else was fluorescent it would be way too much. It would overpower the black color making it pointless.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'd go Candy Tahitian Blue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts