Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys!!I will need your opinion on something!!before 6 months I bought a 2008 600rr with 5k km(3.1k miles) for 5k euro(5.5k $)!!from 2007 that this model came out I wanted to buy it!!after working hard for 5 months for 12-14 hours per day without day offs I finally bought it on September!!the thing is that when I saw the 2012+ 1000rr I was in love but it was out of my budget when I bought the 600rr because I could only found it new at 16k Euro(around 17k $).right now they start selling 2012 models at 8-9k euro(10k $) with under 10k km(6k miles).do you think its worth spending one more hard working summer to make some money,sell my 600rr and go for the 1000rr??I love the looks of the 1000rr..i don't care about the more HP..

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
Do what makes you happy and all but this does not make financial sense to me if you're having to penny pinch to get there. You're always going to want new/nicer once you get used to what you have putting yourself into a perpetual financial predicament. Piece of advice I was taught early, just because you have the money for something doesn't mean you can afford it.

·
Registered
479 Posts
You are chasing unsatisfaction and unfortunately it is imbedded in all of us. Never being satisfied. It is a disease. Learn to love what you have. Go on new roads, take a road trip, go to the track, go to a local meet up and meet new riders to ride with.

A lot of the satisfaction I get from riding my bike is simply from fooling around with my friends on their bikes. You'll never be satisfied, no matter what bike you have, if your satisfaction comes purely from the bike you ride.

No matter what you decide, enjoy your cbr600rr to the fullest before moving onto the cbr1000rr. It's like eating something really good but you only finish half of it because you can't wait to try something else. Therefore you'll only enjoy 50% of anything you try, in this case, ride.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always liked the 600rr and I still like it!!the thing is that the 1000rr is a dream bike for me that I couldn't afford at 16k!!before I buy the 600rr I was looking for over 6months for both of them but I couldn't find a used 2012+ 1000rr one here in Greece!!the thing is that I was planning to spend about 2k one the bike this summer and I was wondering if it worth spend this amount of money or just sell the bike and give 3-4k extra and go for my dream bike.. also at age 25 and in the condition of the Greece economy(going worst every year)it might be the only opportunity I will ever have..i wish I could afford to have them both.. :(

·
Registered
479 Posts
I always liked the 600rr and I still like it!!the thing is that the 1000rr is a dream bike for me that I couldn't afford at 16k!!before I buy the 600rr I was looking for over 6months for both of them but I couldn't find a used 2012+ 1000rr one here in Greece!!the thing is that I was planning to spend about 2k one the bike this summer and I was wondering if it worth spend this amount of money or just sell the bike and give 3-4k extra and go for my dream bike.. also at age 25 and in the condition of the Greece economy(going worst every year)it might be the only opportunity I will ever have..i wish I could afford to have them both.. :(
Well than, pursue your dream, sell your cbr600rr and buy a cbr1000rr. The best financial advice would be to sell your cbr600rr and get no bike however whats the point of working your butt off if you get nothing from it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
after a lot of thinking last night I believe the best way to do this is to keep my 600rr one more year without spending any money(for upgrates) on her..i will save 3-4k this year and another 3-4k next year and I will possible be able to buy next September without being almost broke for the winter(like now. lol)hope everything goes well!!also I will have more choices than now and the price will probably go down around ~500..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts