Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have been trying to find a deal on a new 08 or maybe even an 09 for weeks now. There is a dealer near me that has exactly what I want - a red 08. I think I did a damn good job negotiating, but the lowest they would go is $10,024 out the door (tax title, etc) so I walked away. I talked to a guy on here that got his 08 out the door for $8750 back in September. Can anyone give me some tips to find my bike for a reasonable price? Please help.

·
Registered
532 Posts
and 08 for $10+ is absolutely rediculous you should be able to find one around 8 mabye even a bit lower. the 09s can be found for 10k and because the 09s are out that devalues the 08s
First off find a dealer with a low price of the year and make of the bike (honda 08 cbr 600rr) act like your not really set on a specific color. If they know you only want the red theyre gunna get you buy the balls because they know you really want the red. so act like your open to a lot of things. then sit down and see whats the best price they can give you out the door. talk them down. tell them you dont need a bike you can wait your in no hurry whatsoever. remember what ever you offer theyre going to try to compensate with what they want. so if they want 9k and you say 7k theyre gunna want a little more than 8k. so it doesnt hurt to low ball them. Find another dealer that has a close price. they will most likely know the price but they wont know (which you lie about) is what that dealer is willing to throw in. So lie and say well this dealer will also throw in this and this and this for just this little bit higher price. this makes them competitive because they want to sell you the bike. tell them you like the red and if they have it great if not see if they can get it traded by another dealer. remember stealerships are devious and want as much as they can get. if you have to tell them your offer and walk out the door (after they have your name and number) theyre bike will sit on the floor for awhile (they have to pay whats called "flooring" - basically they have to pay american honda co a certain amount of money for every month the vehicle remains on the floor aka not sold yet) they will most likely call you and give you a lower price. again work from there. its a tedious rediculous process
i hate stealerships
anyways goodluck hope this helped a bit

·
Registered
939 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Honda of Rayville. Yuo'll have to ship it, but they are great folks to work with. The facility focuses no dirt stuff but are required to take allotment of street too. Bought an 04 and 07 1000rr for such a good deal I drove up from FTW, spent night, drove back and still save wads of $$.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah that price is crazy. Thats more than they went for in early 08'. I bought my red 08 about 7 months ago, paid $8700 otd. including a new helmet. something to consider is to let them know that you know what others have been paying for the same bike. If you stand firm I would say you you can get for around $8000

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hi,
I have been trying to find a deal on a new 08 or maybe even an 09 for weeks now. There is a dealer near me that has exactly what I want - a red 08. I think I did a damn good job negotiating, but the lowest they would go is $10,024 out the door (tax title, etc) so I walked away. I talked to a guy on here that got his 08 out the door for $8750 back in September. Can anyone give me some tips to find my bike for a reasonable price? Please help.
the best way to do it is to get other prices from other dealerships, this gives you concrete leverage. without this leverage, it's pretty difficult to convince a dealership to give you a lower price.

i simply called every single dealership in the area and asked what they could do for me as a best price OTD for an '08 Red. Most came back with a mid $9k number. Then i called a dealership that said $8900 OTD. I asked if any of the dealerships could match that and none of them said they could, even after i told them i'm a very serious buyer and would be willing to buy it the next day and haul it away. I even physically went to two dealerships and asked and their price was too high so i walked away as well. I also saw a silver 600RR in my area advertised at a dealership for $7999 (not OTD) about a month and a half after i bought mine in January.

One of the dealers actually offered me $9200 OTD for an '09 Red, but i didn't like the color scheme nearly as much as the 08s and the 09s didn't have enough of an advantage in any other area (IMO) to merit me choosing the '09.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I agree with the fact that that is way too high. I walked into a dealership here that has roughly 400 clean, used, low mileage bikes in stock and found the one I wanted. Granted the 08 I wanted had 700 miles on it, it also had roughly $700 in aftermarket stuff. They wanted $8900 for the bike but I happen to walk in with CASH and they hadn't had their big Spring rush yet... I ended up, after about an hour of shooting the sh** with the salesman, paying $7650 ish OTD. I'm happy with that. There's deals out there to be had.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts