Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posting to ask for your guys opinion on what just happened to me. and let me tell you i am fuming right now and am so pissed off. heres the story.....

so i get done doing my oil change about 20 mins ago and i decide to take the bike around the block. i pull outta my drive and cruise at a steady 26 miles an hour. im almost all the way around the block and i hit the gas hard for a brief second to hit some higher RPM's in first. all of a sudden i see a guy throw a basketball out into the street in front of my path. i see it and am trying to just my speed and stop debating whether to speed up or slow down. in the end the ball comes about two feet from hitting my front wheel. i slow down and look at the guy and he tells me. "Slow it down or im gonna call the police on you. you were speeding around here the other day too and im tired of it". I responded i wasnt trying to be an ******* but i just got done doing my oil change and was just trying to give it some gas for a second. also i dont know what the hell your talking about "the other day" the other day i was practicing quick stops (would accelerate to about 25 quickly then slam on the brakes. i told him i dont care call the police cuz other than today your story is a bucha BS about speeding. he responded that there are a lot of young kids in the development and he doesnt want his kids to get killed. i told him then to never ever throw a ball at me again and try to make me have an wipeout. he said if i really want to have you wipe out next time i'll throw a garbage can at you. he continued on asking where my parents where and said our conversation was juvenille. i said "you dont even know how old i am, (im 21) i can talk for myself). i told him yes i was wrong for accelerating down the street like and would never want to injure or hurt his kids but he is setting a horrible example for them telling them it is alright to throw things at those who ride motorcycles trying to get them to wipe out so they will slow down. im putting your kids at risk by speeding but your putting my parents kids (me) at risk by throwing basketballs into their path. i told him next time if he wants to get my attention to come to the side of the street and give me the hand signal of slow it down or stop. he responded with there wont ever be a next time. the conversation ended as he sees his two year old daughter playing on the front of the neighbors driveway. 3 feet from the street. he runs to go get her and i pull away.

yes i admit my guilt cuz 25 means 25 mph. but wasnt he just much at fault after throwing the ball. man i was p1ssed. i lose my temper so quick but i knew i had to keep my cool in front of his kids.

L

·
0 Posts
call the cops on him and have them go talk to his punk ass. that should shut him up. throwing basketballs at people on motorcycles isn't exactly legal.

at least call them to get in on record. so if he ever does do anything to you there will be a history to back it up.

next time go find an empty parking lot for messing around also.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yeah it wasnt the smartest thing speeding up like that, but he is handling it completley wrong. I would call the cops just like Lucky said. I highly doubt he would even deny it to them that he threw the ball at you.

·
Registered
937 Posts
call the cops bro. Really.

Cops cant give you a ticket because of this, but they can give him a heap of lip for trying to kill you.

He also thretend to do it again (no matter his story, he is thretening to do harm to you) that is a no no, make sure the it's on record.

Tell the cops you are afraid to drive down that street, you fear for your life.

Bro, the dude can snap and really take you out. Do not under estimate him... people go postal all the time.

Call the cops.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I agree with the above posts. Call the cops, man. Make sure you tell them (more than once) that he threatened to do it again... if possible ask for witnesses who saw the little altercation you had with the guy (if there were any other people out).

I also agree with nj600rr, he could snap the next time he sees you riding.

If I were you, I'd file a report as soon as possible.

G

·
0 Posts
I wouldn't call the cops. You were wrong. I would have said, "I'm sorry for speeding. From now on I will wait until I am out of the neighborhood. If you ever throw anything in front of my path again it had better be a bullet because the next time I will come back and kill you, your wife, and the rest of your family."

But hey, that's just me. No reason to get the cops invovled.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
go back and speak with him man to man and clear the air. You were both wrong, you were both pissed and you both know it.

His frustration is understandable (his actions are not), every parent absolutely cringes when they see cars or bikes speeding through their subdivision, kids live and play there and 10 miles per hour when kids are playing can mean the difference between harsh words or having to bury a child.

I haven't thrown anything at anyone speeding down my street but I have gotten in their face more than once.

·
Registered
682 Posts
yellowblur said:
beat his ass in front of his kid so she sees what happens when her dad is a dipsh**
not in front of kids...please.

don't be stupid.

be an adult and do whatever it takes to NOT escalate the situation.

- D

·
Registered
213 Posts
I haven't had any confrontations with people in my neighbor hood but I do try to keep it at a decent slow speed in the neighborhood out of safety and respect. I have to live near these people and I like to get along with others.

You are a bigger man than me for actually holding a conversation with him. I would have cussed him out or beat his a$$.

If you think something could escalate then call the cops and document this. Other wise drive slow by his house and the rest of the neighborhood and you should do fine.

BTW if his kid is in a neighbor's DRIVEWAY and 3FEET from the STREET, then he isn't exactly a doing his part to protect his kid.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Sneak over to his house in the middle of the night and steal his basket ball AND his trash can. Then go speeding by his house the next day. jk

·
Registered
287 Posts
call the cops and tell them. No matter what he says they wont take it as warrant to throw anything in your path and wont do anything more than maybe just say a word or two to you to keep it down. Its the word of trying to make a motorcyclist crash against a motorcyclist 'potentially speeding'

·
Registered
544 Posts
im gonna agree with Jetblast on this....hate to say it, but for once violence is not always the answer. this happened to me last year, with my neighbor. so the nxt day i went over, after we cooled off, and we get along now. dont forget he his your neighbor, and you live by him day after day. respect him, he'll repsct you!

Tim

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was gonna agree with the call the cops guys, since if anything like this happens again at least they will have some past behaviour to go on. However, I mostly agree with the talk to your neighbour guys, better to smooth it over the next day. He'll see where you're comming from and you'll see where he's comming from. Bring a six of beer too and I bet he'll let you have your way with his wife.

I make it a matter of princible to not piss in my own back yard if you know what I mean.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts