Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have kind of a stupid simple noobie question but is it normal to be able to start the bike without pulling the clutch in while it is in Neutral? My old bike had to have the clutch pulled in whether it was in Neutral or not but I've noticed that with the RR as long as it's in neutral all you have to do is push the starter button. Thanks.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I believe it's normal. The first time I found my bike would do that, I was a little confused. I thought the clutch would have to be in no matter what gear the tranny was in, but I guess not.

N

·
0 Posts
I always start up my bike without pulling in the clutch and never had any problems.

·
Registered
735 Posts
interesting. I never thought about that, I just assumed the clutch needed to be in no matter what, just like a car.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Of course, as long as the bike is in neutral, it is okay to start the bike w/o the clutch. The only reason car/bike manufacturers link the clutch with the starter is for saftey.

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
YEap, hondas can be started in neutral w/no clutch, i found it odd at first, but it's normal.

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yah my first bike was a Suzuki GS500F.

My friend was standing next to me playing with the buttons while the key was turned on and he pushed the starter and it started up. It scared the crap out of me because my zuki always had to have the clutch in. Even cars need the clutch in so it scared me. hehe.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I never started my 600rr holding clutch, my gsxr you have to hold it in to start

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
kidmoua said:
sine it's in gear, does the bike jump and just die or what??
Don't know I always pull the clutch in so it doesn't jump. When it's on the stands it just starts and the wheele starts to spin.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I start my bike while standing next to it all the time (in neutral of course) Gives the bike time to warm up while I gear up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts