Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve searched and searched and some things related to but never actually it. Has anybody replaced their neutral safety switch in the side of the case on it 07 or newer? I found one in town for 25 bucks. Short backstory battery tender died the ass bike battery died. Put my big charger on there on 2amp to try to revive slow. Got it to 13v wouldn’t crank. Have the bolts but no amps. Put charger on start mode. Nada. Jumped on here. Checked main fuse, was good. Jumped solenoid terminals starter good. Let slow charge all night. Now everything cranks fine, only if stand is up and clutch is in. If running drop stand cuts engine. Neutral light is non exist now. Light works. Conclusion is that bike thinks it’s in gear. The neutral switch. Is it as simple as unscrew it put new one in. Or easier to bypass? If so is Just grounding it out good enough? Does then it think it’s in neutral all the time?
I’ve found various answers on here and google. Just trying to get info before order parts and putting in.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I would short the neutral wires to make sure this is your problem. When you short the switch it thinks the bike is in neutral or clutch is pulled in to start so you need to have the clutch in if you aren't in neutral to start the bike. I always leave the bike in neutral when parked and have done the bypass but that is just me.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Probably is your problem but you can check this by disconnecting the connector on the engine and set your meter to continuity. Check between the wire and ground and you should have continuity when the bike is in neutral and not when it is in gear. Unscrew neutral switch from the engine and replace with a new one and your ready to go. easy swap

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well finally found time to get out and do it. Putting a electrode into the plug socket and other on the negative battery terminal. It never stops tone. The continuity tone that some DMMs have. Soooo wiring right? It was just such a. Random thing battery was dead I tried roll start nothing tried jumping and then it all started this crapola

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I finally found a neutral switch cause I wanna ride to bike week. Installed new one. No change. Never reads neutral. New battery all fuses good. Neutral light comes on when turning on key then goes off to never be seen again until next start. I’m at a loss wtfff

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
The neutral light doesn't turn on/off when the key is turned on. You have a short in a wire if that is the case.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Starting charge may have fried other parts of the bike. Never tried to start a bike using a charger. I would say that is what messed it up. backfeeding power through the bike and fried something else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts