Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UNLESS mileage is very low.

being third owner of my bike, the two previous dude really had their stuff all wrong. first guy probably raced the **** out of it, second guy just swapped fairings and didn't put every single bolt correctly.

what results? buying new bolts, and new fairings after they brake off for not being put on correctly.

lesson learned.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
That doesn't sound too bad....

What year, how many miles are on this thing anyways?

And....if you don't mind saying , how much did you pay?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
It's interesting how much you learn about your bike and the PO when you take the plastics off. I'd highly recommend that for anyone buying a used bike.

The first weekend you can, take the plastics off and take a look at the bones of the bike. I've found so much ghetto rigged stuff that I have gone back and fixed. Good piece of mind to know I got in there and took care of it.

Buying a used bike is always hit or miss. Depends on how much you trust the PO, which usually isn't much, unless they are a friend. These sport bike go through a lot from owner to owner.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yeah I kind of wish I didn't buy used as my first bike. It is an 03 /w 9k on it. My issue is that it is noisy (knocking/ticking/etc...)

My problem is that I am not familiar enough with bikes to know what is wrong and what is "normal".

Anyways, in your case it sounds pretty minor. And if you got a good enough deal, then all good ya?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That doesn't sound too bad....

What year, how many miles are on this thing anyways?

And....if you don't mind saying , how much did you pay?
$4850 for 2007 cbr, 17k miles + 2 bros slip on + pc3.

i want to sell it at 30k miles for $5k hopefully and buy a BRAND new cbr 1k.

·
Registered
714 Posts
calm down bro stop acting like a lil twat.. so youre missing some bolts whoopdidy do.. oh no someone may have previously raced your race replica bike? get over it. these things were made to go fast and they can handle that.

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
Sounds like it was the buyers fault, not the seller or the bike. I would never buy used without looking at the entire bike.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
UNLESS mileage is very low.

being third owner of my bike, the two previous dude really had their stuff all wrong. first guy probably raced the **** out of it, second guy just swapped fairings and didn't put every single bolt correctly.

what results? buying new bolts, and new fairings after they brake off for not being put on correctly.

lesson learned.
the lesson learned then, i take it is that YOU should have looked over the item you purchased, did a pre ride inspection, and verified that all bolts and fasteners haven't vibrated loose over time?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I would never buy a new bike, its a waste if money, pay 10k for it then after leaving the lot it worth 6.5k.

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
249 Posts
I would never buy a new bike, its a waste if money, pay 10k for it then after leaving the lot it worth 6.5k.

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App

This my friend is so true :).. I think buying a used bike about 2-3 years old is perfect!! :)

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
How do you know what the first owner did?

·
OG
3,350 Posts
When I buy used, I usually scour a forum for a respected member to part ways with his pride & joy. Moeman's '07 hasn't been the first used motor vehicle I've lifted off a forum. Won't be the last, either. It's worked out wonderfully every time. It's either that, a high-end cpo, or new for me.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Bought my 08 Graffiti in July 2010 with 800 original miles on it in showroom condition.

Paid $6100

Will NEVER buy a brand new bike, unless I'm retarded rich, which won't happen unless I win the lottery.

I don't play the lottery so thats not likely to happen.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts