Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was going down a four lane highway today and this kid in a cavalier was challenging me to race so i humored him. well i blew him away but ended up passing a state trooper doing 143 in a 55 the cop was furious. So now i have to go to court I just hope they dont take my licence. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! on my part.

A peice of advise dont let anyone intimidate you to race unless its on a race track.

it says on the pamplett the cop gave that if i dont want to go to court i need to mail in 117.00 bucks, then a record of it will be sent to the DMV. Maybe if i do that itll just blow over? you think?

·
Registered
212 Posts
hmmmm 117 bucks for that weird here in ct a seatbelt ticket is about 117, maybe you send 117 and they send you another ticket thats just to get out of court idk. But if its only 117 for the ticket take it and just pay it and if you lose your licence that sucks. They only take your bike licence for speeding with a bike i think im not sure so atleast you'll still be able to drive a car ;)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
117 bucks for going 143!!!!! Where do you live??? I need to move there!! You're lucky they didnt take your a$$ to jail on the spot! but I just can't believe 117!!! I say give em' the money and consider yourself lucky!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in indiana, i just pretty much plead guilty to the cop and he seemed cool enough i kinda think he understood in a man to man kind of way

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd read into it a little more. If the $117 is just a get out of court fee, go to court. If that fee covers the whole incident I'd pay the fee. But, $117 bucks for going 143 in a 55...sounds too good to be true. If that's the case where in the hell do you live?

·
Registered
175 Posts
dude.. 143 would get your a** arrested in NY forget about being only $117

pay the ticket and be on your way! court is a hassel anyway...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i guess it pays to be honest and nice to cops he got the guy in the cavalier too. lol, he was behind me the cop said he clocked him at 100.

·
I've Got A Fever
1,478 Posts
He had to have knocked it down from the 143. There's no way that over twice the speed limit is only going to be $117. I got a $200 fine for only doing 20 over.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
iam sorry you learned your lesson the hard way ( getting a hefty fine) but at the same token you are so lucky that you did not get into an accident ( god forbid ) be safe out there :lol2:

·
Registered
268 Posts
At least you seem to have learned your lesson and didn't get a ride in a police car (or ambulance) - I bet it's not nearly as much fun if they don't turn on the lights and siren.

·
Registered
116 Posts
1. Don't pay anything to the court if you are eligible for traffic school.

2. If you can't go to traffic school, try to contest your ticket in court hoping the offficer won't show up. Consequently taking all extensions available helps: it confuses half of the cops. It worked in 50% of my cases.

3. If you decided to pay, find out how many points will go on your driving record and what information is going there. You don't want to get off easy paying $117 to find out later every insurance company sees that 143mph number in your driving record.

Don't call that dude lucky, ppl. Unfortunatly in this country (unlike some parts of Europe) tickets cost more than just government fine. F*cking insurance companies feed on speeders. The fine itself is not going to be your major expense: insurance premiums will. For three long years. Your first priority should be to prevent this ticket from going on your DMV record. Don't hesitate to pay extra for it.

Racing a sportbike is so low. Primarily because the cager shows total idiotism in the mechanics and physics area. In my experience only stupid older bitches in posh Bimmers and Lexuses did that. One older guy in a Porsche 911 (most likely automatic). I am suspicious that Cavalier packed something under the hood. I doubt any of them can accelerate over 100mph.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
I think it's hilarious. Gotta pay to play. And yeah...almost tripple the speed limit? You're SOOO lucky you're not in jail right now. That's rediculous dude. Count your blessings.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts