Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of all the talk of me getting a 2006 R6 or a Suzuki 600/750, I can't believe I ended up getting a 2005 CBR600RR with 2000 miles.

Before I bought this bike, I window shopped like crazy. Riding and sitting on several different bikes and as much as they felt lighter and easier to flick....they...they just didn't fit right to me. The RR's tank and front fairings, sitting on the bike, just felt perfect compared to the other's wide, huge, and irregular tank shape; which I mentioned several of times on the board just how important that was to me.

I checked the bike up and down so many times, I felt like the seller was getting irritated with me....haha. But hey, never rush into things. And like I said, with the release of the new 2007 RR you will see tons of '05-'06 selling for cheap.

Here are some pics. Enjoy!

Btw, I HHHHAAAATTTEEEE the tribal so I'll be selling the whole set soon.

Oh man, I just had a deja vu! Hmm, that's strange.




 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,432 Posts
So you're telling me you were a mod on here and didnt even own an RR?!?!?!

Looks like a very well kept bike! Congrats on getting a good deal, I personally like the tribal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
924 Posts
Congrats on the purchase.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
51,153 Posts
Congrats man you got what makes you comfortable and happy
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Disco said:
So you're telling me you were a mod on here and didnt even own an RR?!?!?!
Hahaha...naw, man. This is my 3rd RR. How many of you can say that...haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,779 Posts
Sweet deal....congrats to ya
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thx guys! Now, I need a trackbike.

This one's a commuter...haha
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats man! Bike looks like it's in perfect shape!
And not to mention the double bubble, tank pad, and sliders.... Anything else? PCIII?
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cvlighthouse said:
Congrats man! Bike looks like it's in perfect shape!
And not to mention the double bubble, tank pad, and sliders.... Anything else? PCIII?
I think that's about it. He kept it pretty much stock and rarely rode it. Didn't have time because of school and work.

I really liked the fact that he installed frame sliders and spool sliders which is what I was going to do anyways but the thing I didn't like about the frame sliders is that they're so long. I don't know what kind they are. I'll probably switch them out.

I'll be converting this back to stock because I really don't want to deal with popos during my commute. If you're going to ticket me, ticket me for speeding but not everything else...know what I mean?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
799 Posts
Sweet bike, I'm lookin to get an 05-06.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nemesis said:
...

I'll be converting this back to stock because I really don't want to deal with popos during my commute. If you're going to ticket me, ticket me for speeding but not everything else...know what I mean?
I take it you mean the rear signals, reflector, amd FE?
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't think you'll get in trouble for the windscreen. Only reason I can think of you changing it out would be if you wanted a clear one for video or something..
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cvlighthouse said:
I don't think you'll get in trouble for the windscreen. Only reason I can think of you changing it out would be if you wanted a clear one for video or something..
That and I like to tuck in for those long rides on the freeway even when I'm going 65 mph--my way of relaxing. So, having tint over tinted visor does sit quite well with me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,500 Posts
nice bike... its about effin time you get a new bike - surprised u got an RR tho... i couldve sworn you wouldve gotten the gsxr6/750... nice bike... now get ur ass to the track with us! sept 25 big track whaaat?
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DaMartian said:
nice bike... its about effin time you get a new bike - surprised u got an RR tho... i couldve sworn you wouldve gotten the gsxr6/750... nice bike... now get ur ass to the track with us! sept 25 big track whaaat?
Thx man! Means a lot to me.

I'll try man, but I just started a new job and I don't think it's wise to ask for a day off.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top