Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So today was a very nice day out and my friend calls and asks if i want to go riding. so we meet up and have a blast riding around the highways and downtown. after riding for about 4 hrs or so i say farewell to my friend and start heading home. now its rush hr and there are lots of cars around. I am cruising behind another vehicle at about 20 km/h when i took my eyes of the front for a splitt second to check my mirror for the guy behind me. as i am turning my head back straight i just see this car cutting into my lane coming from a driveway. needless to say he clipped the front of the bike just under the headlights and before you know it i was going down and rolled a couple of times on the road and the bike hit the rear bumper of the car infront of me. got up right away and the guy who hit me had already stepped on the gas and left. couple of drivers that saw this stepped out and helpmed me get the bike up and on the side of the road.
As far as it goes for me i have a little bruise on my right knee which is nothing seriouse and a soar right anckle. the bike however does not look so good. The entire front cowl broken, the winshield and a piece of the front cowl just came right off. headlights scratched up. engin cover and pegs and bar ends scrached up. the entire right side is scraped except the rear seat area amazingly. both signals busted. and my front breake lever is twisted. Allways thought when i go down it will be in high speeds and for something stupid that i would do not this way.
bike is at a friends house now. I will take some pics tomorrow and post them up.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Glad you were not hurt worse. Sorry to hear about the bike damage. I cringed reading your post. Hope they catch the SOB

·
Registered
21 Posts
i was just coming out of the store last weekend and i watched some old bugger back right into my bike he just put his car in drive and drove off i couldnt believe it i feel your pain the right side of my bike is all screwed up too i feel your pain

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
I hope you filed a police report regardless of having the other's drivers info or not
so at least your insurance carrier do not hose you over bikes are repairable if not
exchangable our bodies on the other hand are not get well soon man & count your
blessings the angels were around you

·
Registered
21 Posts
thats drivers in alberta for you they dont care what they hit we have to keep our heads on a swivel around here watching out for a**holes and they always think there the only ones on the road

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hope you filed a police report regardless of having the other's drivers info or not
so at least your insurance carrier do not hose you over bikes are repairable if not
exchangable our bodies on the other hand are not get well soon man & count your
blessings the angels were around you
thanks brother. I have full coverage insurance and i called them yesterday. they said its not mandatory to have a police report but recommended. I will have to talk to the claims department soon and i'll keep you guys updated.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
i was just coming out of the store last weekend and i watched some old bugger back right into my bike he just put his car in drive and drove off i couldnt believe it i feel your pain the right side of my bike is all screwed up too i feel your pain
Ya, old people suck at driving. I'm all for mandatory driving tests after the age of 70.

I saw an old lady try to get into a parking spot, scrape the whole side of a car, then reverse and park in another spot. When the couple who's car was scraped came outside I told them it was that old lady in the coffee shop and she totally denied it. WTF? So I said, "I saw you do it, and if you didn't, why is their cars paint all over your front bumper? and why is your paint all over theirs"

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
thanks brother. I have full coverage insurance and i called them yesterday. they said its not mandatory to have a police report but recommended. I will have to talk to the claims department soon and i'll keep you guys updated.
When it comes to insurance claims , repairs and money affecting your pocket
do the smart thing cover your own behind regardless of what the police tell you

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had a hit and run happen to me towards the end of last season. I luckily had 6 witnesses and I got the plate number. Tracked her down and still waiting to get my money back.....:cursin: What was nice is my insurance labeled it 100% her fault (obviously) and so my rates should stay right where they are. Im glad to hear your ok, bike can be repaired!

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
that sucks man sorry to hear it. have you checked with the hotel...they may have a record of who had which car or security cameras that they could track back to who owned it. good luck.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so bike is in the shop now. they will cover all the cost of fixing it - $500 deductable. I will also end up with a brand new set of gear. Helmet, Jacket, gloves and pants. on top of that i have spoken to the shop i took it to and they will put on new front and rear tire, install flush mount signals instead of the originals, frame slider and after market bar ends at no cost to me. :shakehand
I will actually end up saving something close to 1000 including the gear and all the extras im getting. forgot to take the camera with me today. will go there tomorrow and take some pics if i can.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ya, old people suck at driving. I'm all for mandatory driving tests after the age of 70.

I saw an old lady try to get into a parking spot, scrape the whole side of a car, then reverse and park in another spot. When the couple who's car was scraped came outside I told them it was that old lady in the coffee shop and she totally denied it. WTF? So I said, "I saw you do it, and if you didn't, why is their cars paint all over your front bumper? and why is your paint all over theirs"
hahaha. thats almost funny. i can't believe people can be like that.. if i was stupid enough to hit another car PARKING then i would obviously tell em.

this is kinda off the bike topic but we had a bowling league game on a thursday night and when we came outside there was a huge dent on the back left side of my dads truck. and the taillight was broken. People are just badasses, atleast they think so i guess.

but to drive away after hitting someone.... you have to be joking. luckly i have a twin, so we always ride together so if any of us got hit and the person ran we would be able to have one of us go after the car. or at least get the plate.

·
Registered
821 Posts
hahaha. thats almost funny. i can't believe people can be like that.. if i was stupid enough to hit another car PARKING then i would obviously tell em.

this is kinda off the bike topic but we had a bowling league game on a thursday night and when we came outside there was a huge dent on the back left side of my dads truck. and the taillight was broken. People are just badasses, atleast they think so i guess.

but to drive away after hitting someone.... you have to be joking. luckly i have a twin, so we always ride together so if any of us got hit and the person ran we would be able to have one of us go after the car. or at least get the plate.
Agreed. That's weak.

I hope they're hiding in their basement for the next three months thinking the cops are coming to get them.

What hotel was this in front of? Were you downtown?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hotel driveways usually have some surveillance cameras running, find out. Good thing your not hurt.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts