Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally found a dealer that had yellow RR, and they offered me $7,999 OTD. now is that a good price? or should i negotiate more? (btw, i haven't done any negotiation on this one yet)

I've heard something like $7300 OTD but it was from a deserted part of this country though.

so.. experts, help me out here. i feel like i'm very close to owning a 600RR..

·
Registered
37 Posts
call loudon motorsports in lessburg, va. ask for sean. i think they have a few '03s left.
prolly like 7300 otd.

tell him bernie sent you. sean is a very nice guy/salesman.

bernie

·
Registered
14 Posts
there is a shop local to me that quoted me 7800 for the 04 and 7200 for the 03. that was without visiting them, it was over the phone.. if i haggled more i probabaly could have done better. i just paid 78 for mine at a different shop.

C

·
0 Posts
Yep, a bit high. Get them to throw in a helmet and an exhaust at that price.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought my brand new yellow 03 right off the showroom floor on Tuesday, paid $6499 OTD... judging from the posts on this topic I got a killer deal! They have another one just like mine over there too....same price. Anyone wanna make a drive to MO?[/b]

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Personaly I think 8G OTD is fair and is the going price in my area when I was looking to buy an 03 about 1 month ago... Infact some places even wanted more than that. Sure everyone can say I got this price or I know where one is for this price but its not where your at. Travel or shipping of a bike adds up all in the end so make sure to weight out ALL your opions before buying. :idea:

Jason

·
Registered
57 Posts
Holy s*!t I paid 7300 for my 04 black and silver and could have got the yellow for around 6200. Call fay myers honda in denver 303-744-6632

·
Registered
596 Posts
visitorq said:
Personaly I think 8G OTD is fair and is the going price in my area when I was looking to buy an 03 about 1 month ago... Infact some places even wanted more than that. Sure everyone can say I got this price or I know where one is for this price but its not where your at. Travel or shipping of a bike adds up all in the end so make sure to weight out ALL your opions before buying. :idea:

Jason
:very_mad: Spoken like a man who paid too much

·
Registered
37 Posts
Damn, that blows... I paid full MSRP $8599 for my 04 on Sunday... They sold 3 while I was there for the same price.. At the dealers here in Vegas (there are 2) there is no such thing as negotiation...

Oh well.. Im still happy with my bike :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hanshinji,
Me again from NYC. I just saw the dealer that I bought my bike from. They have a few Yella 600rr's from last year for $7500. It's the same batch my bike came from. They don't do out the door deals. They don't charge setup or any of the other dealer imposed fees. You still have to pay taxes and licensing though. I don't know if they will squeak any on those prices. Maybe. Definitely in a couple months. I don't think there's any way they want some 03 stock to hang around for 05. I think though they will get what they're asking for in this area. There's not too many dealers and a lot of riders. What anyone says they are getting in their area has very little to do with what you will find in yours. Supply and demand. In an urban center where sportbikes are popular you can expect higer prices than a rural or suburban area where there's not as much sportbike culture. I'd check the prices in your area and choose accordingly. If you are in an area where there is a lot of demand, traveling to get a bike might be worth your while. Again, good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
if its more than 7600, find soemwhere else. anymore than that your being screwed. and honestly i be aiming lowere for a 03, my buddy at local honda got me mine down to 7380 with tax and title so dont go much higher.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh wow. first of all, i'm glad no one hammered me with a boring thread. :)

and i appreciate all of your great advices and infos, reminding me once again that joining this website was a very smart thing to do before purchasing 600RR.

i have pm'd some of you for further help. (i'm open to used or new ones. lower the price the better)

I think any new 03 models in 6000's is a great deal! Looks like some of you got very very lucky... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dude man.... loudoun motorsports just told me that their last yellow is priced at $6995($8115 OTD)........... *sigh*

it's worse than $7999 :cry:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Went to a midnight sale at the shop here in Lexington. They were asking $7499 on the 600rr and $9999 for the 1000rr. They had a couple r1s as well, but I don't remember what they were asking. Only $6900 for an new r6.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts