Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys won't believe this. I was out at my dealer and the sales manager must be the coolest guy on earth. My Dad and I have known him for many many years and bought a ton of bikes from him. There was a red "03 that got loose in the crate and at first looked like it was banged up pretty good so they sold it to me for waaaaay below list. Thing is, when I got it home and did a little buffing and touching up, the thing looks perfect from more than 5 feet away! They must have needed to sell a certain number of bike by the end of January or something. They even delivered it for free because there's still some ice on the roads.

So it's sitting in the garage with 0 on the odometer. My last bike like this was a 929 and the difference amazes me. This bike is dripping with mass centralization. Honda said they were very proud of this bike but I had no idea. The crew that put this thing together must have slaved over it for years.

I should be able to take it out in a few days I'll let you know!

C

·
0 Posts
Auron,
Sweet! Post a pic or two so we can see what the damage looks like.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll post some pics but if you have a new RR and stand back a few feet, that's what it looks like, seriously! I have no idea how I got so lucky!

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
woo what a deal i bet you were singing i am just a lucky dog such a lucky dog :D
congratulations on your new RR :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
bellshonda said:
Great price man, I'm selling my last '03's for $7200 OTD (not including taxes). You got a hell of a deal.

Later,
MB
Well a true OTD price does include all taxes and fee's. That's why here in cali we pay more because of our tax rate and more fee's.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well a true OTD price does include all taxes and fee's. That's why here in cali we pay more because of our tax rate and more fee's.

That's why I put in the disclaimer about the taxes, each state is different. The OTD price for my bikes in KY would be $7632 (that's with %6 tax). What is the sales tax in California anyway?

Later,
MB

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm actually pretty lucky because my sales tax is only 3.7%, just lucky where I live so it would have been about another $130 if I was paying something like 6%.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
bellshonda said:

That's why I put in the disclaimer about the taxes, each state is different. The OTD price for my bikes in KY would be $7632 (that's with %6 tax). What is the sales tax in California anyway?

Later,
MB
8.5% plus shipping fee's which is usually $500 and registration which in around $150 right now. I don't know if I'm missign any but that's enough for me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts