Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....I went to dealer last night.....got a price for $9640 OTD....what do you guys think?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Some people will tell you they picked one up for a couple hundred dollars, others won't say it but paid +12K.

Best bet is to haggle with multiple dealers and get them to beat each other's prices. Alot of it depends where you are located.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
no.. think of it as it should be closeout prices.. u should be able to get like 9,000 maybe even lower depending on how many they have and all that..

·
Registered
120 Posts
I got mine for 9,100 otd, i probly could have gotten down to 9000 but o well

·
Registered
234 Posts
I paid 9800.00 OTD for the Graffiti. Then again here in northern Florida in the prime time riding season it is next to impossible to get dealerships to move much on their prices.

·
Vendor --- BOTM 05/2009
2,637 Posts
damn guys, sounds like bike prices have went up.

I Paid $8300 OTD on my blue 07, $7900 OTD on my wifes white 07.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
got mine for 10300 otd.. dont have much dealerships around that sells hondas.. i found one kinda out of the way but the dealer looked like a while in the wall and i would have gotten it from them for 9500 otd but didnt have my color

california is always more expensive than other states. there are two reasons for this:

1. average income in california is very high compared with other states.
2. the special california emmissions parts cost $500+ to install and manufacture.

kentucky, oklahoma, etc.... = low income, lower prices, 49-state models.

9500 OTD is not a bad price no matter where you are. in california, it's excellent.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i should've been more clear....im in SoCal....Los Angeles area!!! I belive bikes are more expensive here eh...I think I got a pretty good deal and I wouldnt mind paying $40 more than the MSRP for the salesperson, since he's been helping me out and to be honest, the guy has to make a living too right?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
^^ i agree. i used to work in sales, so i'm a lot more understanding about all the **** they have to deal with and i usually don't make a big fuss over a couple hundred here or there. service has to count for something- and like you say- he has to make a living too. some of those guys don't even get paid except for their commission... the deal he gave you is good dude. if you like him- i say go for it. he's not ripping you off.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
thanks.. i see alot of people paying alot less and i know it depends on the area.. i just hate how only the ones that got a hella of a deal post. so i figure i throw mine in the mix

california is always more expensive than other states. there are two reasons for this:

1. average income in california is very high compared with other states.
2. the special california emmissions parts cost $500+ to install and manufacture.

kentucky, oklahoma, etc.... = low income, lower prices, 49-state models.

9500 OTD is not a bad price no matter where you are. in california, it's excellent.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts

·
Registered
3,065 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
you guys are lucky. here up north in canada 08 MSRP is $12499 + freight/PDI + taxes. Dealers here try to clear out 07 for $9799 + freight + PDI + taxes. It's usually $11,900 OTD. Consider US$/CDN is pretty much on par, we pay a lot more for the same thing. :(

1 - 20 of 47 Posts