Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when i got my bike all ready to ride i get on and hit the button and hear a click coming outa the seat. so i think dead battery. i get a new battery add the acid charge it. the battery read 199 cca and just over 13v. but still it will click from under the seat. I think the battery was charged to fast.

any ideas. Guy at store told me hell recharge it. if it still dont work hell give me a different one. I would then take it to a different shop and charge it there.

d i have to have all turn lights pluged in for it to start

D

·
0 Posts
The battery is within specs for the bike. When you hit the start button, does everything shut off then turn back on when it's released with the fuel pump priming again?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow yes you r spot on man

·
Registered
71 Posts
Had the same problem a few months ago, I bought a brad new battery and it turned out to be a dud. It's possible that I reversed the polarity while installing but my fuse didn't blow so that's noe very likely. Let us know how this turns out.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have to battery on a small charger now. if it still doesnt work then they will give me a new one.

the frist guy that charged it told me itll only take an hour. i thought that was fast. but said ok. mabye it just messed the battery up. ill let u guy know tonight.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If It Is The Bat Then They Will Give Me A Different One And Ill Take It Somewere Else To Charge It

·
Registered
71 Posts
If they do a battery test they should be able to tell you both the charge and the health of the battery; two different things.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i had the battery tested its good. when i hit the start button it shuts off the lights and a relay or something under the seat will click. when i let the button go the fi will turn on again. I have no clue as to y this is happening. When the bike was stat there by me it was able to start and run now nothing.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Believe it or not some NEW batteries do require them to be charged for 30 mins or so. I experienced the same thing with my '03s after buying a new battery.

However, on another similar incident I bought a new battery and no matter how long I charged it it wouldn't hold a charge which obviously turned out to be a BAD battery.

Also, a BAD battery can still read as if it's good with a volt meter but once you place it on the bike & try to crank it it just doesn't have the juice to start it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think i might try a friends battery if it works then ill go get a different battery and not let some dbag charge it. ill get someone that knows what they r doing. thanks man

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i had a friend come over last night. He took off the little insert cover on the right side of the bike. He then put a socket on the crank and said something might be bad cause it wont turn.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes. he took a small cover on the brake side of the bike off. he said it might be a timing problem. but im new to working on bikes. so bear with me please

·
Registered
500 Posts
Is this the first time you have tried to start the bike in a while? Like, has it been sitting?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts