Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I just brought a new 2004 CBR600RR and I was practicing in my drive way how to start and stop. NOTHING BIG. When I want to pull in the front brake I roll the throttle BY MISTAKE and the bike take off on me when I let the clutch out . I really need you guys souppt (not money wise) just hear you gays thoughts. Its sounds girlie I know but I am really shook up and my feeling are soooooo hurt to drop my bike right after I get it from the dealership.. I have a few war wounds but other than that I 'm fine. Here are some pics of my bike now .I REALLY JUST NEED FOR YOU GUY TO TELL ME IF THE DAMAGE IS BAD AND WILL IT BE EXPERSIVSE Also when i pick it up some gas was leaking out from 2 tubes by the bike stand WAS IT SUPPORT TO DO THAT?????????????
If the pics dont show than i will send them to you because i really NEEDS YOU GUYS HELP[/url]

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I don't see pics either...

You know what? Get over it. You're a novice, things like this are inevitable. At least you weren't physically incapacitated.

·
Registered
301 Posts
hollywood30002 said:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
just hear you gays thoughts. [/url]
Sorry no GAYS thought for ya..not into that :D :D :D

Yep don't worry about the gas leak, I dropped my Duc once too and gases leaked out from the cap. Sorry to hear you dropped it so early but hey join the club!!!!

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
you'll prolly hear it a hundred times, but take the MSF course, and get the sliders put on. i wouldn't worry about fixing the cosmetic damage yet, as you might drop it again. but we all fall down, eventually. i had a 70mph get-off, that sucked. so, no hard feelings, you'll get the hang of it. just take your time and ride safe.

Edit: just to clear things up, i crashed my F2, a few years ago, not the RR.

·
Registered
40 Posts
LMAO.....I did that too.....only I DIDN'T BUY A $10000 BIKE TO LEARN ON!!!?!!?! No sympathy here, you've got to learn to crawl before you learn to walk.

Best of luck.... try not to kill yourself

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sorry to here that good your ok

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for you thoughts . But dealer i bought it from was out of frame sliders. I also new I dont know how to post pics i guess i could sent it to your email or some thing :(

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Nick said:
LMAO.....I did that too.....only I DIDN'T BUY A $10000 BIKE TO LEARN ON!!!?!!?! No sympathy here, you've got to learn to crawl before you learn to walk.

Best of luck.... try not to kill yourself
Word, my brother.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Yeah, christ...take the MSF course or buy a dirt bike to learn basic controls on...Modern day 600cc bikes are too powerful and light to just hop on and scream "I'm ready to learn!" Get some basic training under your belt...and then work from there...or just go buy a stunt cage for your bike...not to stunt on...but to save your bike from dying every time you drop it...and man up...not like...another man...but become one...quit crying over your dropped bike, it happens to everyone, it's part of riding...get some frame sliders and quit being such a bitch

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like an ass hole

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ditto on what everyone else has said about the MSF course.

And if you've never ridden before what possed you to get an RR? I'm not saying that all street riders should stay away from the RR but a total newbie.......

Get a used bike to learn how to start and stop and then get the bike you really want.......

And get the frame sliders put on........

As for the damage costs......... the parts are expensive...... period.......

·
Registered
961 Posts
One word of advice don't let it get to you. Just pick it up like it didn't even happen and keep riding. If you keep worrring about it you will get no where. You will constantly be thinking about it everytime you go and ride. Its no big deal. Everyone drops thier bike sooner or later.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Wow, flashbacks... My friend did the exact same thing when I let him ride my bike. He was riding it in an empty bowling alley parking lot. Taking a wide turn too wide and went to hit the brake but his hand rolled onto the throttle and he hit the wall.

You'll have to describe the damage in further detail to us. To give you an idea, when my friend wrecked mine it took a 6" chunk out of the front wheel, bent the fork sliders, bent the radiator, rashed about 6 fairings, both mirrors, both crankcase/alternator covers, broke both turn signals, bent the front rotors, and messed up the front tire. It was a $4500 bill.

As far as keeping your confidence, I'm going to be as blunt and harsh as I can. You shouldn't be riding any street bike without taking the MSF course first. I would have been scared shitless the first time I rode my bike if I hadn't taken the MSF course the week before I bought it. After learning the basics in the course my confidence level really went up and it helped me become a much better rider than I could have ever hoped for right from the start.

Get the bike fixed, park it in your garage, and sign up for the next available MSF course. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
892 Posts
here's something you might not hear very often. get a smaller used bike, like an ex500. guess what. 1500$ and it doesn't matter if you drop it because you can turn around and sell for your down payment on the RR you should have waited for. but that's not your fault. it's your friends, if they influenced you at all to buy, and the dealers.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts