Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going tomorrow and pick up my new 07 600RR. I havent decided on the color yet. They have one of the pearl and black, black and red, and blue.

Its so hard to decide. This is going to be my track bike. I have an 06 1000rr that I use now for track but I have heard so many good things about the 600 track wise that I am going to give it a try. I just wish now I wouldnt have put the full Ohlins on the 1000 and saved it for the 600.

any pointers or key words to search for would be most appreciated.

thanks and wish me luck

·
Registered
122 Posts
Congrats on the new bike man, and welcome to the forum...Lots of great info on here

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i had the option of a dropped 06 but my buddy jumped on that one before i could. besides the more i think about it the more i am probably going to leave my 1000RR my track bike and ride the 600 on the street. even so color is personality, especially on a track bike.

the 1000RR already has track skins, ohlins suspension, piped, rearsets, even safety wired etc etc

on the other hand however, i have read all the reviews on how great a track bike the new 07 600RR is. at least state farm covers track wrecks.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so here it is
i took it on about a 40 mile ride today
figured what the hell and found a nice long road and red lined 1st-4th and then engine braked back down

its broken in (or just broken but under warranty so who cares)
gonna change the oil tomorrow and start pulling all the unnecessary crap off of it

i miss the power of my 1000RR, i felt myself really wringing the throttle to get the same amount of pull (i know i know take it easy on a new bike screw that)
but it was hella nice in the corners

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
i dont like that blue, it looks too normal.
the red is the hottest IMO.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts