Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know I totalled my 2005 tribal back in march and have been looking for a replacement. I found this 2006 GSXR 600 with only 320 miles on it and it's only 3 months old for $7700. should I go for it or wait?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Theres a guy on anothe forum I frequent thats trying to get rid of his for $7600. He's friggin desperate and may go lower.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I am going to go with the GSXR600 instead of the 07' RR, the RR was an overall dissappointment to me.

·
Registered
428 Posts
GIXXER you must have bumped your head when you crashed... That bike wont help you not crash.

·
fast03600rr
9,995 Posts
Knightslugger said:
A mechanicly reliable Honda, or an always broken GSXR... that's a toughy.
i second that. my brother has an 06 gsxr 600 and he was out of a bike for 6 weeks for an oil pressure sensor...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I havn't heard any of that crap but I do like how the gixxer comes with a steering stabilizer, gear indicator, seat cowl and I love the front/rear turn signals how the fronts are in the mirror and the rears are built into the rear seat fairings. basically the only thing to change is the windshield to smoke or fusion painted and the exhaust. I would add the micron slip on for exhaust and just paint the windshield with the Krylon Fusion paint like I did with the CBR. If the 07' RR would have been more appealing then I'd go that way but it's not so I am pretty much forced to go with another brand. I am between the GSXR shown above and a 2006 R6. The new honda looks like it's a mix between the Yamaha R6 and a GSXR anyways, it's got the R6 air duct in the nose and the GSXR fairings.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Have you considered the 675? That's the bike I would have if getting rid of the RR.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok I made up my mind. I've since found a different bike I think you'll all agree with, it's a 2005 CBR600RR black/tribal with 6000 miles and I am getting it for $4800 with an ICON jacket/helmet and gloves. the bike has a tail integrator, dunlop qualifiers, and a tank pad but it needs front turn signals and the right mid fairing needs a few of the tribal graphics replaced from a tip over in the driveway. I can't pass it up, the guy is in the service and is being relocated to texas from michigan and has nowhere to store it so I'm getting a smoking good deal. here is a pic of it below.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Man! I just got off the phone with the owner of the GSXR and he told me I can have it for $7000. what to do, what to do. maybe I should buy both of them huh!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts