Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm getting a new bike this year and its a toss up between the new R6 and the RR. It will be used mostly for riding country roads and twisties around my hometown maybe a couple of trackdays and sometimes to ride around in town. What are the pros and cons of each, thanks.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Your going to get biased answers here, this is an RR board afterall :D But the R6 isn't a "bad" bike, infact its pretty awesome and goes like stank!! However having said that Im honda loyal so Id get the RR myself. I dont think you can go wrong with either really.

·
Registered
388 Posts
whichever one you like better basically. I was in the same boat and went RR simply because I like the looks better.

·
Registered
508 Posts
there is a guy in town that just got the new raven R6. very nice bike. the only downfall he has told me of so far is it seems a little sluggy of the line. says you really have to keep the revs up to get it moving but he said once its over 10grand it pulls like nobodys business. Im honda all the way so you just have to make your own choice in the end

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
plainred rr said:
which r6 are you lookin at? the regular one or the ohh ahh 17.5k revving one?
Haha 17,500..... Didn't they recall these bikes and get called on bad advertising because the rev limiter kicks in around 15,500? Get the RR.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
LOL! Why in the hell would you even ask a question like that here...

Buy a 250 Ninija.

Jason

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know I am probably going to get biased answers on any of the message boards that I post on so I'm going to post on them all and try to sort through the bias. I'm looking at the regular R6 not the old style R6S. Let me ask you this, in your opinion, what makes the RR a better choice than the R6 since this is the RR board.

·
Registered
965 Posts
for starters Honda didn't have to lie to sell their bike...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Look at Honda's heritage for starters. The most reliable, stable bikes on the roads are Honda's. They have a winning record in all aspects of road racing, and they have "responsibly, and accurately" taken their R&D from the race track to the street. You can see aspects of their thoroughbred race machines in every one of their machines on the street without all the hype. The term "Ride Red" brings with it an air of distinction, because you are on one of the best made machines on the planet.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
FormerPacifist said:
I know I am probably going to get biased answers on any of the message boards that I post on so I'm going to post on them all and try to sort through the bias. I'm looking at the regular R6 not the old style R6S. Let me ask you this, in your opinion, what makes the RR a better choice than the R6 since this is the RR board.
Plain and simple--Sex appeal and one day we will not wake up to find out our bike company produces Pianos......LOL. Mainly because it's the sexiest 600 out.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
600RidgeRunner said:
Look at Honda's heritage for starters. The most reliable, stable bikes on the roads are Honda's. They have a winning record in all aspects of road racing, and they have "responsibly, and accurately" taken their R&D from the race track to the street. You can see aspects of their thoroughbred race machines in every one of their machines on the street without all the hype. The term "Ride Red" brings with it an air of distinction, because you are on one of the best made machines on the planet.

Ok I'm sold! Are you a sales rep by any chance? LOL.

·
Registered
539 Posts
If I was in the market for a brand new 600, id get the R6. However, since its my first street bike, I'm picking up a used '05 RR to practice on for about a year. Imma switch over to either the new '07 RR or the '07 R6 in a year. The reason why I'm getting the RR over a used '05 R6 is because that body R6 is played out and I prefer the feel and looks of the RR over it. But if you're choosing between the '06 RR and the '06 R6 and money is not a factor, then get the R6. Cause it has a lot more feautres plus its the newer bike.

Another thing to think about, if you're planning on keeping this bike for a few years, would you really want to buy a brand new RR when the revised model is coming out next year? And be stuck with the old body RR for a couple years. But its really up to you and what you find most appealing.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
silveRRocket said:
Ok I'm sold! Are you a sales rep by any chance? LOL.
Hahahaha, no, not a sales rep, just a true believer in Honda's machine's. I stepped down from my 2000 R1 to the RR, and I couldn't be happier. I had to replace three rectifier/regulators on the R1, among other issues. The RR just keeps powering right along. I always ride with my two cousin's, and they have always owned Honda, from the VF500 intercepter back in the day to an RC-51, and 900RR currently. No trouble, just years of reliable, fast, fun.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts