Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, frst of all thanks for all the information you guys are sharing.

let me start that this is not my first bike. when i was 18 i had a honda rebel 250 for about a year and loved that bike. now that i am 36 i just got a new 06 600rr. i love this bike but i am scared sh*tless of it. on the way home with the bike with only 12 miles on it some stupid idiot did not tie down his couch in the back of the truck and all of a sudden cars and busses where going everywhere when the couch came out onto the highway. buy the time i got home i was even more scared of the bike and was almost crying.

Later that night when the triffic was light i got back on the bike and rode for about 20 miles on the highway. i now got 150 miles on the bike(all late night) and i love this bike. and most of all i respect the power that it has. it has got my attention twice when i shifted into 2nd a little hard at about 40 MPH and the front wheel came up on the thing.

i am going to take the safty corse next month ( already signed up). but i would love to experance the bike for what it is made for and that is the track.

anyone have any recomendations for me geting on a track or should i wait a bit.

thanks again
brian

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
I am fortunate that I live rurally, there are also a lot of nice roads around here. When I first got the RR, My first bike, at age 31 (But I had borrowed a friends quite frequently a few years before) I basically stayed to the back roads until I had the handeling down on the bike and gradually ventured out into traffic, well, small town traffic. You'll get used to it. just don't push it past your abilities, they are one hell of a machine.

Best of luck, you'll love it and be addicted in no time.

kind of like this site

Good color choice. The visibility of the orange is definately a benefit, that's why I went for the yellow '03

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Welcome to the best RR site. It's good you respect it cause when you don't is when you get in trouble.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the bike, I started riding on a more sedate stead; SV650S but that could still bite u in the ass if u aren't careful. Be wary of the bit and don't push yourself past your comfort level.

ALso, if u don't have gear GET IT! It is a neccesary part of riding that will improve your level of confidence in riding, knowing u are protected if the unthinkable happens.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Virgil said:
. Be wary of the bit and don't push yourself past your comfort level.
rite now i am not even comfortable washing the bike.

BTW all i am in south florida area.

if anyone elce is from here and wants to go for a cruse let me know
thanks
brian

·
Registered
928 Posts
Good luck with new bike. Moving from a Honda Rebel from 18 years ago to now having a high performance sport bike is a little difficult but if you take it easy (stop pushing it so hard that you're doing wheelies) you might survive the year. Don't worry about the track until you get more comfortable with riding.

Side note: you might try previewing your post for spelling before posting.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Have fun man. After you take the course you'll feel better. I took the course and got my bike 4 weeks later and I was scared shitless the first few miles home with it. I had to ride 120miles + to get home from the dealer all highway. I'm still a bit scared of it only because I know its capapble of way more than i'm using it for And pushing myself any more seems like i'm asking for trouble.

Good luck and welcome =) This place is great. Oh and free up your schedule cuz you'll be here alot

·
Registered
118 Posts
Good luck with the bike, im planning on buying mine soon enough as well (hehe). Btw, Tony, nice pic in ur sign.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Do u have proper gear.... BAH! orange?!?! I SO perfer black. :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good choice, I have the orange as well and have noticed a huge difference in people seeing me over my first bike which was a salvaged flat black 01 sv650s. It's like I'm a rolling road cone going down the road now.lol. I remember after I got it broken in and wrapped the throttle in 1st gear, It scared the **** out of me. Didn't even get it to red line, the front end came up and I let off. I was used to the sv which I could wrap the throttle in 1st and not have the tire come up. It's definately got enough power for me:)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
jonnybeorange said:
It's like I'm a rolling road cone going down the road now.QUOTE]

i dont think thats a good thing.. Maybe at night but when theres a group of bikes, the odd colors are the ones radio'ed in.. not the black ones.. remeber that.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Hey man I used to live in Boca. It is getting crazy down there man. Be careful. As far as getting out on the track... Get real comfortable with the bike before you do that. Learn to lean it and not be afraid. Then come up here to Jennings and tear it up. Thats were I go for my track days. If you go on sportbiketracktime.com the do the occasional trackday at moroso or homestead, but not that often. Jenninigs is just about every weekend if they don't have races going on. Have fun man, I love that orange!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts