Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've had my 600RR for about 4 days now. I already read about the tank vibration @ 5000rpm so I expected that and will be fixing it soon with dynamat. I also am hearing a slight sound coming from I believe the front wheel, it's not a squeaking but like the sound of the brakes being tight almost as if there was like an e-brake that was left on a car and it's kind of grabbing. It's kind of hard to explain but I just want to know if this is just because the bike is so damn new and it's just getting broken in or what? Thanks

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
prob in your head. I hear all kinds of things on my bike. I will never ride up the road again without a helmet bc I hear things I never heard b4. About the brake noises, when I am slowly backing up and put the front brakes on I hear a grabbing kinda click noise but I am pretty sure its normal. I would make sure everything is tight and just ride. congrats on the bike and welcome to the site

·
Registered
351 Posts
mine did that for a couple of days when i first bought it.
This has been posted before and pretty much everyone said that they heard it at one point on their bike.andthose that did not hear it probably weren't listening for it.
It is perfectly normal.
After I made about 150miles and used my brake it was gone.
Is is just the pads being brand new so they grind a little bit on the rotor

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
it's a normal sound, and not just a new sound. the semi-floating rotors will cause a "whooshing" from time-to-time. gently apply the brakes and it seems to straighten them out. the tolerances in the brakes on this bike are very close, and the pads will drag a little on the rotor. get used to hearing that sound. i've got almost 8000 miles on mine and it still does it.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
My front brake sounds like somone shooting down a zip line sometimes. Ive never heard the tank vibration thing, but then again, i never hang about at 5K for long, and i also clutch the tank with my legs/knees, so i think id probably dampen the vibes with that.

·
Registered
103 Posts
my bike make a wierd noise every once in a while when its cold. its kind've a rattling noise. almost sounds like what a dying hydraulic lifter sounds like on a car. i had the dealership check it out, but they said they couldn't get it to do it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, once again, your all awesome and thank you for the replies. Glad to hear it's a normal noise. Anyone here use the dynamat on the tank for the vibration? If so, any success on eliminating the buzzing sound?

P.S.- This bike rocks!!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
I don't really think the tank vibration is that bad.At times i don't even realize it. I guess you get use to it after a couple of thousand miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts