Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Congrats! Just make sure you know the history of the bike. The 2007 model didn't come in Silver/Black like that. Guessing the previous owner or dealer had the plastics replaced with 2008 fairings.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats! Just make sure you know the history of the bike. The 2007 model didn't come in Silver/Black like that. Guessing the previous owner or dealer had the plastics replaced with 2008 fairings.
Good to know. Thanks for that man I will keep it in mind. Maybe I can knock some of the price down if it has been laid down.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Definitely try that. The more knowledge you have, the more bargaining power you have. Not sure where you're located and how the motorcycle market is over there. But I got my 2007 Black/Silver back in 2009 for $6,500 (out the door) with 1,600 miles on it - perfect condition.

Definitely use the switched out plastics as leverage.

Good to know. Thanks for that man I will keep it in mind. Maybe I can knock some of the price down if it has been laid down.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Definitely try that. The more knowledge you have, the more bargaining power you have. Not sure where you're located and how the motorcycle market is over there. But I got my 2007 Black/Silver back in 2009 for $6,500 (out the door) with 1,600 miles on it - perfect condition.

Definitely use the switched out plastics as leverage.
So I called and they had it marked wrong. They had a pearl white they marked 08 and the one I'm buying marked 07.

·
Registered
553 Posts
They want 8000 with 1500 down and I have always wanted a 2007-2008 cbr so I took the bait haven't down any paper work yet tho
thats what i just paid for my 2009 with 3000km (canada) on the clock with extended warranty, all original except pazzo levers and a aftermarket alarm with txt msg feature.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
So what are you getting from them? :ponder:

08's had the all silver (the one you originally posted), while the 07's were the ones in Pearl White.

So I called and they had it marked wrong. They had a pearl white they marked 08 and the one I'm buying marked 07.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Definitely try to knock a lot off that price man. That super expensive, I think. I picked up my 08 Graffiti in 2011 with 3.5k on the clock for 6k even. (not from a dealer).
I'd say the dealer probably has about 4500 or less in the bike so I would personally try to get it down to around 6k. For a bike in that condition from a dealer wouldn't be a bad price.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
The financial crisis around 2008 made easy credit start to evaporate, so the super high take rate on new bikes slowed down - so people that would have bought used started to look in the used market, pushing the overall price of all used bikes up. My 2007 I bought with some minor damage in 2008 was $7100 - now I'm seeing 07's in good shape go for close to that, 5 years later.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The financial crisis around 2008 made easy credit start to evaporate, so the super high take rate on new bikes slowed down - so people that would have bought used started to look in the used market, pushing the overall price of all used bikes up. My 2007 I bought with some minor damage in 2008 was $7100 - now I'm seeing 07's in good shape go for close to that, 5 years later.
I will get the bike regardless of the price but I would love to knock down the price more would make me happy

1 - 20 of 31 Posts