Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally bought my own bike after riding my friends around for a few years. Hope you like, I'm in love with it. Cant say I could be happier for my first bike. I know a lot of people ask "what should I buy first". A logical response is usually " What ever you want, its your bike." I'm saftey minded and was looking into a stering dampener, is it worth the bucks? Who also makes good frame sliders? I'll being doing a search for these topics but it you happen to have an opinion throw it out there. Thanks. Bike pics below.

·
Registered
972 Posts
you: helmet, gloves, jacket

bike: insurance, frame sliders

as far as dampers go, i cant recall a time when riding that i wished i had a steering damper.
heres the newest pic of my bike taken today on del ave in philly.(looks almost photoshopped)

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
i have that same tank pad but i put mine down further so it looked like it was coming out of the seat... and is it me or does it look slightly crooked lol

Nice Choice! Bike looks good!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it does look a little crooked doesn't it. I never noticed on the bike but it does look a little off in the pics lol.

·
Registered
131 Posts
BlackBulletRR said:
Congrats on the bike bro.. i just placed a deposit on mine, Im picking it up in 1-2 weeks. Im soo excited, I dont think Imma be able to sleep tonight!
I know that feeling! I hardly slept the night before I picked mine up...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hassan'sRR said:
just a small question, i know in Oregon there are gas station attendants who pump gas for you in your car, i know its the law there. However do they do it if you have a bike too?? just curious

thanks

oh yeah great bike
wait are you serious? It's a LAW that they pump your gas? That's nuts. You're sure you're not just pulling up to the full service area everytime lol?

·
Registered
131 Posts
HyperDeathKill said:
wait are you serious? It's a LAW that they pump your gas? That's nuts. You're sure you're not just pulling up to the full service area everytime lol?
Yes, that's true...

Every single station is a Full Service... and it's not a choice!

·
Registered
346 Posts
New Jersey is the same way - an attendant/employee has to pump the gas.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yup, Oregon is the lazy state. You can sit in side your car in the warmth and watch as the gas station attendant freezes his ass off. Now on bikes its a little different. They come out and hand you the nozle with a rag so you dont spill on your bike. I like it. Thanks for the sugjestions on frame sliders.

·
Registered
223 Posts
What the heck is wrong with this country? You can't pump your own gas in some states? I dated a girl for a while who didn't know how to fill her car with gas. She had her parents fill it with gas when she was at home and she didn't even have a car while at college. Have to admit, that was one of the reasons why I dumped her. Stoopid.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So is a hole saw the best way to cut out for frame sliders?? I dont want to ruin perfectly good plastics.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
As far as steering dampers go ((DO IT)) Even for street riding, I love my scotts. The handeling is great on the 600RR, but yes, it gets even better with the damper.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts