Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i think it is old news
One thing is talking about it... another is test driving it...
BMW dealers let you take it for a spin. I wonder if anyone had done it and what their impression was when comparing it to other 1000s and 600s. I know its faster... but how does it handle?

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I saw one recently, at a popular ride spot in California (Newcombs Ranch). It takes a lot of sweeping twisties to get up there, so I'm assuming it was "used" properly :p

·
AMA Supersport Racer ** BOTM 08/10 **
1,838 Posts
Alot of Positive reviews about it and I'm sure it's a Great machine. The fully loaded model is pretty much the Future of motorcycles with ABS and Traction Control.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Saw one at a bike night. It was hawt, an older dude had it and intends to track it. That was at least 2 months ago though.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Nearly every bike mag and/or website says its the ultimate in liter bikes. I personally think its the friggin Tits! What more can you ask for? Before the summer is up im going to a demo day and def taking one for a spin.

·
Registered
129 Posts
cant wait till they come out with a 600

·
BOTM Winner 04/14
819 Posts
cant wait till they come out with a 600
They officially announced that they will not make one now. Their excuse: "Costs as much as a 1000 to develop, sells for less"

I saw the BMW at a local event, I found it to be ugly. Very ugly. I know nothing about its performance which I suppose is good and I really don't take into account what magazines have to say anymore.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
They officially announced that they will not make one now. Their excuse: "Costs as much as a 1000 to develop, sells for less"
If I'm not mistaken 600s are MUCH better sellers than 1000s are... by a rather large margin. They'd make it up on higher volume of sales if the new S600RR was as good in its field as the S1000RR is. Not only that but they'd be introducing some youth to their product line... wouldn't be entirely composed of old well off white guys.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nearly every bike mag and/or website says its the ultimate in liter bikes. I personally think its the friggin Tits! What more can you ask for? Before the summer is up im going to a demo day and def taking one for a spin.
check with ur local dealer... i don't think you need to wait for a demo day as they allow test riding on any day. most of the dealers anyway...

·
Registered
288 Posts
my boss has one for his track bike. he's pretty quick on it, he consistently places well and is nationally ranked...

the bike is so hooked up, it's gorgeous. amazing bike for sure.

·
BOTM Winner 04/14
819 Posts
If I'm not mistaken 600s are MUCH better sellers than 1000s are... by a rather large margin. They'd make it up on higher volume of sales if the new S600RR was as good in its field as the S1000RR is. Not only that but they'd be introducing some youth to their product line... wouldn't be entirely composed of old well off white guys.
Agreed. I just posted their official reply. I tried to find the link but I had no luck. Sorry

1 - 20 of 76 Posts