Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up my new (to me) CBR today. An 07 with 2k miles. It was owned by a young lady and is in great shape. I have a few questions.

1) This bike ahs been lowered (by how much I do not know) Are the lowering links hard to take out, should I choose to bring it back to stock height?

2) With the kickstand down the bike if basically completely vertical, very little lean at all. This is no good for me. If I raise the bike back up will this be corrected? Or am I better off leaving it at its current height and getting a shorter kickstand (or modifying the factory one)?

3) Bike has flush LED turn signals in the front and an LED FE in the rear. Blinkers blink very fast, how do I change this?

·
Registered
307 Posts
1) I don't think it's hard to return it back to stock height, and yes I would return it. The bike is designed for the stock height, you'll get more clearance on lean, etc.

2) When she had the bike lowered she probably did not cut the kick stand, so it's probably the stock height. Which is why it is near vertical with a lowered bike and stock kick stand. Return the bike to it's normal height and the kick stand should work just fine.

3) Use the search, I think some people have to put resistors in to make the led's blink slower. Or upgrade to better flush mounts like watsons or something.

Congrats on the cbr; post up some pics of it!

·
Registered
262 Posts
So I picked up my new (to me) CBR today. An 07 with 2k miles. It was owned by a young lady and is in great shape. I have a few questions.

1) This bike ahs been lowered (by how much I do not know) Are the lowering links hard to take out, should I choose to bring it back to stock height?

2) With the kickstand down the bike if basically completely vertical, very little lean at all. This is no good for me. If I raise the bike back up will this be corrected? Or am I better off leaving it at its current height and getting a shorter kickstand (or modifying the factory one)?

3) Bike has flush LED turn signals in the front and an LED FE in the rear. Blinkers blink very fast, how do I change this?
hey, i bought a 05 for my gf and installed a lowering link. they are very ez to install and uninstall. basically 2 long bolts, just use a block of wood when you jack it up a lil and support your back wheel.

i have posted on 2 other threads how to correct the blink rate and would hate to piss everyone off and post it again... I posted the info on the 03-06 tech talk under the wtf front smoked signals and another. i will make a post on the how to section as well.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MikeB, thanks for the tips on how to correct the blink rate. This will probably be my first project. Here is a pic of the rear suspension, maybe you guys can tell me what I am looking at and what I need to purchase to bring it back to stock height. Note chain is not rusty, flash just makes it look like that :)

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
see the black dog bone with the 600rr logo engraved, thats the link. or dog bone. get a jack and a piece of wood, jack the bike up high enough to get jack stands under the rear sets. then sit the bike on the rear sets. that will be easier for you to do by yourself. taking that link is kind tuff if its your first time.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
take the lowering links off and bring it to regular height and put resistors on the turning signals. be careful where u put the resistors cause they can get extremely hot and melt ur plastics

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to the net BucBrew! Nice bike, I've got the same one.

Post some pics, I need some mod dieas :). Also I am getting the LED relay instead of the resistors.

I am thinking of powder coating most of the silver stuff black.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts