Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna be looking for a new bike very soon...either a 2011 or 2012 whichever i can get a better deal on lol...i was wondering if anyone had an opinion on whether to get another 600 or move up to a 1000? i really wish honda had a 750 class cuz i really dont want a suzuki lol...does anyone have any good reasons to go either way? personal experiences with both maybe...i dont do any track riding but would like to next summer...even then it would only be a couple times as i dont live that close to any tracks

iv also been very interested in a daytona 675...very nice looking bike...anyone have one or riden one?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ive never understood the need to actually go into a liter bike, is 175 mph not enough for you? not even motogp bikes are a liter lol. id rather have versatility and agility than that extra horsepower really. Id say go for the 600. I dont think ill ever go beyond a 600, maybe an 848 but thats because its absolutely beautiful.

the 675 and the 675r are also badass bikes

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive never understood the need to actually go into a liter bike, is 175 mph not enough for you? not even motogp bikes are a liter lol. id rather have versatility and agility than that extra horsepower really. Id say go for the 600. I dont think ill ever go beyond a 600, maybe an 848 but thats because its absolutely beautiful.

its no much the top speed that im after...its midrange power...im also not the lightest guy at 225lbs without gear lol

it looks to be one upside of the 675 and 675r...they carry almost 10ft/lbs of torque over a traditional 600

·
Registered
535 Posts
its no much the top speed that im after...its midrange power...im also not the lightest guy at 225lbs without gear lol

it looks to be one upside of the 675 and 675r...they carry almost 10ft/lbs of torque over a traditional 600

The 675 is a great bike from what I have read, tons of torque pulling you through the corner. Wish I was able to ride one but I haven't yet, hopefully someday lol.

As far as 600 vs 1000 it all depends on what you prefer honestly. You will hear tons of opinions but there is nothing written in stone, I have heard of other people making their best improvements on a liter bike vs a 600 and then others say they ride better on a 600.

Since your a bigger guy you would probably be more comfortable on a 1000 since it's a bigger bike. 600's carry a very tight and aggressive riding stance, some people just get a liter bike because it physically fits them better.

In my opinion if you are going to buy a brand new bike you better be comfortable on it. It's one thing to buy a used 1000RR for like 6k and then to buy a brand new fireblade for 11-12k.......yea you better be comfortable on it both physically and mentally.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
im gonna be looking for a new bike very soon...either a 2011 or 2012 whichever i can get a better deal on lol...i was wondering if anyone had an opinion on whether to get another 600 or move up to a 1000? i really wish honda had a 750 class cuz i really dont want a suzuki lol...does anyone have any good reasons to go either way? personal experiences with both maybe...i dont do any track riding but would like to next summer...even then it would only be a couple times as i dont live that close to any tracks

iv also been very interested in a daytona 675...very nice looking bike...anyone have one or riden one?
I would say it depends on what you want to get into.

Sounds like you ride strictly street, which I think is good for a literbike. The low end grunt is excellent, makes riding on the street easier. When I used to ride on the street that was what I had too. I had a liter on the street and a 600 on the track. The opposite would hold true if you get into trackdays and stuff.

Why would you want a 750? The 1000RR weighs less than the 750, but has more power... (at least it did weigh less, I haven't checked out the latest models).

Haven't ridden a 675 either...

First of all, MotoGP is liter bikes...

Have you ever ridden a literbike? It has nothing to do with top speed. The higher the speed the more HP it takes to get an increase in MPH.

Besides, a 600 tops out at around 165, whereas a 1000 tops out at 177. Most people wouldn't notice the difference.

It's the torque that the literbike has. On the street this is nice, you can be in any gear, at virtually any RPM and twist the grip and have the bike take off. It's very nice on the street.

The agility comes into play when you're really pushing the bike, like on the track.

·
Not really asian
677 Posts
You'll be asking why did I get a 600 for many years to come. 08'- 12' 1000rr is pretty freakin agile.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
the 2012 CBR1000rr is amazing!!!!! i want one.

ive rode everything from 250 sports and cruisers, to 1500's. for the street i prefer a 1000. track. 600. cruiser (minumim 1500 LoL)

the 09 up cbr1000 is a turn key and ride bike. IMO one of the easiest 1000's to ride.

·
Registered
460 Posts
The only thing that puts me off the cbr1000rr is that exhaust, now if it was out of the back like the 600rr then great. Imo the R1 is a better looking bike but never ridden either the 1000rr or R1 would like to hear members opinions that have ridden both....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so it sounds like everyone is pretty impressed with the 2011 and up 1000rr's...i really wanna test ride one now lol...i love my 600 i just dont like that if i wanna just roll on it and go i have to drop 3 or 4 gears...im sure it would pull much harder if i weighed 180lbs but i dont see that happening lol...i gotta get to the dealer soon for a ride...plus i know if i get a 600 ill wanna dump money in it to make it faster rather than ride a stock 1000...thanks guys

i love the country roads out by me and it seems a 1000 handles just as good as a 600 in the twisties if i understood all the post correctly

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
The only thing that puts me off the cbr1000rr is that exhaust, now if it was out of the back like the 600rr then great. Imo the R1 is a better looking bike but never ridden either the 1000rr or R1 would like to hear members opinions that have ridden both....
Just buy a Taylormade or Jardine full exhaust. Problem solved.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Not a fan of the Taylor Made exhaust (anymore), used to be! I had taken my race fairings and molded their carbon cover into my lower. Looked SICK on my race bike!

But at the "Race of Champions" last year at Daytona, I apparently got a bit of an exhaust leak, combined with the g-load on the wall (which is INSANE if you've never ridden Daytona) it heated up the chock link enough that it completely collapsed!

Pix after I got back into the pits

Even Josh Hayes said he never saw anything like it! lol

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
so it sounds like everyone is pretty impressed with the 2011 and up 1000rr's...i really wanna test ride one now lol...i love my 600 i just dont like that if i wanna just roll on it and go i have to drop 3 or 4 gears...im sure it would pull much harder if i weighed 180lbs but i dont see that happening lol...i gotta get to the dealer soon for a ride...plus i know if i get a 600 ill wanna dump money in it to make it faster rather than ride a stock 1000...thanks guys

i love the country roads out by me and it seems a 1000 handles just as good as a 600 in the twisties if i understood all the post correctly
The 11' and 12' models are different so....

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
motogp is litre, they dropped 800cc in 2009 i believe?(only came in 2007 as well) and the motogp bikes go over 200mph and have over 250bhp...so you can't compare them to road 1000's off the showroom, also i wouldn't buy a 1000 just to go 'beyond' a 600...there's more than top speed, in fact, if you want top speed buy a car you will only notice the extra agility in my opinion on a track, the 1000's are fast enough for anyone and so are the 600's
2011 was the last year for the 800cc MotoGP, this is the year they got back up to 1000cc.

even though if you have the money to buy an RC211V RC212V & RC213V HRC will not sell it to you unless you buy up all of the company, HRC is planning to build a production racer for the MotoGP class based on next year's RC213V for 1M euros, as it is now you can only lease the RC213V factory bikes which is priced at 3M euros per bike for 1 season & you can't touch anything on the bike. with the production race bike you can do anything you want with it, it won't be as competitive as the factory RC213V is but it is certainly much better than the CRT bikes.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Wish I have ridden a 1k to give you a comparison but I haven't. You know, after I got a 600, I asked myself why the hell would someone want a 1k for the street? Well I did a bunch of research, and just like everyone here says. It is about the mid-range.

After get two more years on my 600, 1000rr here I come!

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Wish I have ridden a 1k to give you a comparison but I haven't. You know, after I got a 600, I asked myself why the hell would someone want a 1k for the street? Well I did a bunch of research, and just like everyone here says. It is about the mid-range.

After get two more years on my 600, 1000rr here I come!
Well those of us that race them like them for other reasons too ;)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts