Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't riden in a while and when I did I was always bumming off of my brothers bike. A bike I started looking at (haven't gotten to ride or check out in person) was seen by one of my buddies last night. He said it sounded like the clutch was slipping or that it might need to be replaced. I talked to the owner over the phone a few times now and yesterday said he had to check into his schedual on when I can come check it out.

To me this sounds like he doesn't wanna sell it to bad or that something is wrong with it. If he was out riding last night why didn't he drive by and show it to me?

How much trouble is replacing the clutch on the bike? Im talking overall fees and shop time?

Thanks for any info in advance.
(yep Im a newb would just like to get an idea before I talk to him again or go to a service station with it.)

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
One thing to keep in mind. These clutches are good for thousands of miles. How many are on this bike? If it has low mileage it may be an indication that the bike has been abused and the clutch may not be the only issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the added info. I in a tight spot right now and there are a few things that i am doing about it. I went to the honda shop and put in for financing on a new 06. no one has touched it. I will be its owner and no one else messed it up but me. If for some reason he decides to go lower on the bike I can take it to the service station and have it looked over. I would rather have that than not knowing what is up on a 3500 mile bike.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Just wondering but, when should the clutch be replaced for a bike that is only ridden on the street?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
kbcbr600 said:
Just wondering but, when should the clutch be replaced for a bike that is only ridden on the street?
It depends on how the bike is taken care of. There's a lot of variables that can play into clutch wear and the rider is one of the biggest. Most riders don't have to worry about it because they never put that many miles on a bike anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts