Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, so i think this winter it will be time for a new clutch. Just curious as to what clutches you all recommend or if I should just stick with OEM parts. Do you guys just change plates and springs or do you do basket as well? My bike shifts kinda hard from 1st to 2nd, and I noticed if I am turning the shift seems smoother, will a new clutch help with this?

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
OEM plates and springs hold up fine to a lot of abuse. Really the only upgrade worth it would be a slipper clutch. If you have the money to spare it's a nice race oriented upgrade. Personally I'd upgrade suspension first, even if it's just valves and a spring for your weight before I would to a slipper. YMMV

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sure, I dont doubt that they hold up, but fact is that my clutch is going, so it needs to be replaced, just wasnt sure if people typically stuck with OEM, or bought EBC or whatever. As well as if people change clutch baskets as well

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone?

10char

·
Registered
197 Posts
Its quite expensive but slipper clutch is the way to go I am saving up to get one myself and its so hard to find a used one cuz they go so fast, lol.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
20 Posts
im using barnett, no complaints. i wouldnt say i noticed a world of difference either though so its still up to you. (i also havent had a chance to get to the track lately though or do a proper launch)

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
I've always used OEM. They always last and OI dont have to worry about stack height when I install them.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, do you just order plates and springs or do you replace basket too

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honda sells a clutch kit with everything you need.. I'm not so sure that will fix your shifting problem though.
do you know who sells them? i checked bike bandit and sportbiketrackgear and a few other sites

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
found it at chapparall but it wont let you add it to the cart

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^ Hit up Honda East Toledo either here or call them. They usually will beat Ron Ayers prices. If you gave them the part number for it they can order it for you.
Found it on Ron Ayers, thank you. By chance do you know if I need gaskets or anything? I just remember from my dirtbike days needing to buy a bunch of gaskets for when I'd open it up

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Found it on Ron Ayers, thank you. By chance do you know if I need gaskets or anything? I just remember from my dirtbike days needing to buy a bunch of gaskets for when I'd open it up

No, they use a liquid gasket to seal the cover on. You can use Hondabond or something similar. There is a How-To on here of how to do a slipper clutch. It'll give you an idea of what's all involved as far as install.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts