Discussion Starter #21
Air conditioning = vents
Heater = you're in Texas, you don't know cold or have a need for a heater

Otherwise if you want 100% comfort temperature wise, take the cage

Dont forget throttle.... Now thats your true AC! :cruising:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Kinda off of what bridge jumper was saying about connecting to pants, butttt it would be nice if there was a way you could connect it to riding jeans. It could be as easy as having hanging loops you could run your belt through at the same time you are running it through your pant loops. I'm pretty sure no one as anything like that.

Also, to get ppl over the initial fear of a new company-make vids of actual testing on the track (where you go down). Everyone wants to know what gear is going to look like AFTER the crash so they can see if there are any gaps in protection.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Str8_Lurkin;4119937 Once again we arrive at this question....What is it that you look for in a riding jacket. Spring and summer are quickly approaching and I feel its only appropriate that one of the first projects we bring to market be a summer mesh jacket. So again I ask what is it that you look for when buying gear? Colors? said:
Your back protector for me is something that I would hold a lot of interest. I guess my biggest pet-peve is that most jackets(mesh atleast) always have these dinky foam protector that wont do much. Granted I dk how much more a plastic back protector would do but I feel like it would be of better results. I have an icon mesh jacket, and I bought their back protector to replace the foam. I personally am not a big fan of crazy designs all over the jacket either. Well ventilated like many people said, but with a good thick liner. Some sort of interior pocket too.

I would definitely give a new company a chance especially if their product seems to bring a lot to the table.

I'll happily give more input when time is needed, and to "test" your products. I live in Chicago so I get a wide array of weather/temperatures to ride from spring to fall/winter

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
i'd have to agree with Highzer. i would like a nice durable outer shell that has a good warm inner liner. here in maine i don't have the luxury of riding in 50-60+ riding all year round, so i need (to quote jake) "2 jackets in 1".

that's awesome that your starting up your own business! keep us posted on everything i might look into some rain gear and this back protector(i still have none) down the road

·
Registered
546 Posts
Leather jacket and pants that can just be zipped & buttoned together so people who can't afford $800 all at once can have a normal riding jacket that can easily convert into a track suit.

Ventilation is a huge one. I also see where higher is coming from a good jacket with ventilation and a warm liner for those colder months.
Also the removable elbow back and shoulder protection.

Red/Blk/White mixed together in a jacket is what I'm looking for.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
While safety is obviously the #1 reason for buying gear in the first place, pretty much all typical street jackets meet my minimum level of criteria: abrasion protection and soft impact protection.

So that being said, good fit and proportions are of primary concern to me. The majority of jackets I've tried on make it look like I've stuffed football pads and pillows underneath.

Next is style and it's a very close 2nd. If a jacket fits like a glove but looks fugly as hell I consider it to be a deal breaker. Hopefully you've got someone with a very keen design sense as I believe this is the #1 criteria for most street riders.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
While safety is obviously the #1 reason for buying gear in the first place, pretty much all typical street jackets meet my minimum level of criteria: abrasion protection and soft impact protection.

So that being said, good fit and proportions are of primary concern to me. The majority of jackets I've tried on make it look like I've stuffed football pads and pillows underneath.

Next is style and it's a very close 2nd. If a jacket fits like a glove but looks fugly as hell I consider it to be a deal breaker. Hopefully you've got someone with a very keen design sense as I believe this is the #1 criteria for most street riders.

What kind of designs are you guys interested in? Personally I'm playing with the idea of a croc or snake skin pattern. Not the entire jacket obviously.

Color combos?

When I look at other designs I feel as if too much it put into the design and is lacking protection.

Are there certain patterns that you guys are more interested in?
I know we have die heart solid black lovers. But what else?

·
Registered
458 Posts
What kind of designs are you guys interested in? Personally I'm playing with the idea of a croc or snake skin pattern. Not the entire jacket obviously.

Color combos?

When I look at other designs I feel as if too much it put into the design and is lacking protection.

Are there certain patterns that you guys are more interested in?
I know we have die heart solid black lovers. But what else?
I personally like mainly black plus a splash of neon/bright colors.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I like some of the ideas floating around in here! The back protector sounds amazing.

I'm super excited for the possibilities!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Anything in particular you would like?

And yes the back-protector is going to be epic.

Ill be riding in it all season long! Just has a few tweaks to be done.

Guys talk to be about Snake and croc skin like design patterns.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Registered
190 Posts
Being that lots of people are into carbon fiber, maybe figure out a way to integrate into a jacket. Maybe in the lettering for your company name or in the stitching possibly

·
Registered
420 Posts
Damn you want a car on wheels... hahaha a air conditions and heating system?

I can envision a way to do the hydration system. AC???? What are you wishing to obtain from this that well vent jacket wont supply? I like your ideal but now it becomes a pricing issues as a system like that would drive the consumer price up.... as its already a leather jacket.

I want to hear more about your thoughts...
Just kidding about the a/c but some type of storage area or pocket inside the back that could fit a water bladder would be bad ass, and a grommet coming out the front for the tube. Some track suits have them inside the hump for endurance racing. I don't like speed humps on street jackets but something could maybe be designed that would be cool. If nothing else a high quality leather jacket with major perforation. Some jackets have perf on the chest but not the arms or back.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey! good luck with the company!

As for a jacket, I am 31yo guy and IMHO, looking like a Power Ranger is not my thing.
My favorite jacket so far is the Roland Sands Design Ronin Jacket.

Suggestions:
- Let the customer adjust the protectors (probably multiple pockets?)
- Do not include 100 logos on it. I like a jacket that does not make me look like a walking sign when I am off the bike. RSD Jacket has a light emboss in the leather, and that is it.
- Including "belt loops" for those who like them, will be great. I like them.

Funny Note:
I know probably RSD Ronin is not the "right" jacket for a 600rr, but hey... I ride and dress for myself not for what the people think =)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yeah the bright colors are really popular now!

And yeah the colored piping will be sick. Keep the ideas flowing!
First off I want to say best of luck man! Looking forward to seeing the prototypes.

A thought on the no ride up jacket, throw a fight strap on it, from a hockey jersey? Literally a durable strap on the inside back, bottom of a jersey you put through your belt so in a fight your opponent can't pull it over your head.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Everyone keeps staying they would like more pockets. But where exactly are you looking for them to be? And what purpose are they suppose to serve? I ask so I can get an idea the size that I should be aiming for.

·
Registered
827 Posts
My icon jacket has one in between layers on the left side. It's opening would be prob 3/4 of the way up right next to the jacket zipper, I use it all the time. Maybe another one, which some of my non-motorcycle related jackets have, that I think would be useful, is a big deep pocket on the inside, but that is open on top if you know what I mean.

The only other amenity would be nice is, if you did that pocket near the Zipper line, have a small hole/grommet hire up for headphone cords to come out?

·
Premium Member
3,262 Posts
Personally, no snake skin or croc design, no way I'd go for something like that. as far as colors, black and white will appeal to most people because that matches any type of bike color. Personally I like black with white and red accents. I like the idea previously as to not be a walking billboard. Just a subtle name on the shoulder or sleeve, not a big fan of the whole huge name on the chest and such. The two liners is a good idea. Living in Michigan, that would be a great option....we like to ride as long as possible and it gets CHILLY. As for pockets, a couple on the inside would be a plus. A lot of us carry while riding, if you had some sort of option for a gun that would be a huge selling point. Attaching the jacket to pants is also a great idea, I like the loop option. If its a short commute don't bother, but if you're going for a decent ride its worth the hassle compared to buttons

21 - 40 of 49 Posts