Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just surfing the net for random things and I came across this little article that peaked my interest. it says ...

"For the 2006 model year, the pursuit-rated 5.7-liter Hemi version and the Hemi Charger sedan join the lineup. Rated at 340 hp and 390 lb-ft, it gives the Magnum/Charger a power-to-weight ratio of less than 12:1. (Crown Victoria: 16.5:1, Impala: 15:1.) This translates into 14.0 quarter mile times at 100 mph and a 146 mph governed top speed.......Dodge limits the police Hemi's top speed to 150mph, significantly more than the current current Crown Victoria Police Interceptor's electronically-limited 129mph. "

14 second quarter mile is pretty impressive!

Anyways, here is the link to the rest of the article....Enjoy.

Ps - This may be a repost...sorry!

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
If the car lost about 2000lbs it could be running 12's. They may have decent hp numbers but they still can't handle for crap and it needs all that hp/tq just to move the thing. They weigh like 6000lbs wet and loaded.

If you can't tell I'm not a fan of american made cars or the american car mentality. Give me a little 1500lb car with 100hp any day.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason why I posted this article to share with you guys is not to prove that the 600RR is faster or anything like that...that's just obvious.

This article does a good performance comparison between many police cruisers out there. It's a nice change from reading so many 600cc shoot-outs type articles to something new that I had no clue about.

Notice that the article says the Police Impala does 0 to 100 in whopping 24seconds! and that's with just one passenger and no cargo load.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Comb said:
...but their radio communications can go about 670,000,000 mph.
unless you can get to the next town really quickly, and to the next town, after next town, after next town. park behind a seven eleven, drink a slurpee to cool down.

j/k hah

evading a police officer is a felony. when convicted, say bye bye to many career opportunities.

·
Registered
757 Posts
nah i wouldn't run but on city streets i would cut some traffic and play like i didn't hear the siren and see what happens. but ya the risk is too great to avoid a stupid ticket haha i was goin to try in correct ur stat. on speed of light but after doin the math 670,000,000 mph is ruffly equal to 186,000 mps which im more familiar with.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
i once saw a brand new maxima 3.5SE. it was black, had all black windows.. chasing after a car going about 90. next thing u know, the blues turn on and my heart skips a beat. WOW for undercover.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
That Georgia State Police car looks awesome! Nice colors!

My advice is to pull over ASAP if you have a cop car behind you. They're either after you or on another call. If you try to act like you didn't hear/see them it only makes things worse. That excuse doesn't work. Showing them the respect they deserve works. Pull over.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts