Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
If you really wanted to do that the logo should only be on the front, around the third eye which you would need to modify to be either red for eyes or ultraviolet (black).

It's not bad though, subtle and not over the top. Assuming you arn't wearing a cape while rideing.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Hmmmmmmm......
I vote nay. It just stands out too much all by itself like that. A Batman themed bike doesn't sound bad. Heck if they can build a Spiderman themed R1, then why not a Batman RR?
I'd try something that blends in with the bike more.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It seems plain, and boring to me. I'm with the guy above that said to put the bat up front and use the 3rd light as eyes. That'd be dope. You could also stretch the wings from the front to around the sides and back.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
gay, would look alot better if you had the logo ghosted, like air brushed so you could kinda see it kinda not.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow. Lot of negative so far. Figured since it would be replacing the Wing Logo that at a glance you almost wouldn't notice it. I do want it to be subtle. This is an easier option compared to the original one I had.

Other idea I'd been kicking around was this: I actually made a Bat stencil out of aircraft plexi to make the decal on the front of the bike. Now if I could take it to a real machinist and get the edges bevelled, imbed an LED inside, black out the face of the bat logo, then only the bevelled edges would illuminate like a fiber optic effect. Already tested this and it would work. Unfortunately the saw needs to be extra sharp and extra fast as the edges of the plexi get fine cracks from a regular bandsaw and when light emits from the edges it looks like sh**. Got too much other stuff to do unfortunately and a little lazy about it. One day I'll get a wild hare, spend money on this rediculous thing, wire it/them up to a switch and it will be unique... well not now tha the idea is out there for someone else to hijack.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
...And no there will be no capes while riding. I am considering little batarangs to throw at tailgaters though, lol.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I think it'd look best on the bottom of your windscreen over the logo that is already there. Or on the back part of your tail. Or both!

edit: I just saw your sig, and noticed you already did that... Oh well, I'd keep it off the tank though

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Are you going to wear tights? and have a friend on a Robin themed bike? and chase arroung a dude wearing a purple wife-beater and purple shorts on a Joker themed Gixer?

Your Robin friend will constantly be saying "holey flip-flops Batman, the Joker is doing a Whoolie with out any gear on!!!" And you will be saying "Yes,,, very squidly of him Robin?"

And then "POW!!" , "BAFF!!" , "ZOOK!!" , "BAM!!" The Joker squid falls and gets all Rashed up.. and your Robin friend says "holey Flying Flip-Flops Batman, I think the Joker is done for good!!"

I had too

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Was considering going completely stickerless but I think at least the tank still needs something to break up the black. How is this any worse than bullet holes, big dragons, or flames taped to the side of the bike?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
you could also buy the thing that truckers put on there back window that looks like a baseball broke the back window and stuck there and put it on your windscreen that would be SICK!! ........

but no that was a joke

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think it would look better if you painted this section the same as your other silver fairing...

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'd wear a cape while riding. Hell, i've wanted to just wear a cape ever since i was like 5. What's wrong with capes?

But i'm for no on the logo. IMO, making everything plain, then doing subtle logo makes it stand out WAYYY more.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts